I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Grow Your Blog 2014

if you know me and read my blog all the time . . .  
 please pretend for a moment that you have never been here before.   
Okay?     
    Thanks ! 
Welcome to RuffHaven !   

 I am so glad you're here ! 

I can't believe I almost forgot about this again !  
 I missed it last year . . . because I was at the beach. 
And here I am again . . .  
 at the beach, and not paying attention to the calendar.    
What am I rambling about?   
Well
  Vicki over at 2 Bags Full hosts this amazing event to bring bloggers together. It is a  wonderful opportunity to make new friends and find new blogs to follow. 
Thank you Vicki ! I can only imagine
how much work this is.
***
Hi . . .     I'm Marianne


 and you have 
wandered into what The Lifeguard (my dear husband)
 calls my home away from home . . .  my blog . . .
 it's where my friends live . . . 
and
 it's where I store my words and photos 
about my art, my crafts, my quilts, 
and anything else I might be working on.  
I have been blogging for a few years 
and I still feel like a beginner. 
There is so much more I want 
to do and learn.
The generosity  of the blogging 
community is amazing and I am
 grateful to be a part of it.

I will keep this short because I know 
you have so many blogs to visit.  

I love to create art 
and I have
 learned so much
from my friends 
in the blogging community.



I used to work in a 
neutral palette

but I have grown to 
love color and 
it seems everything 
I make now
is so full of color

I blame this on all of the wonderful artists out there




I enjoy making books and journals


I also knit
 and 
stitch
 and 
quilt



I draw

dangle

doodle and

zentangle











I love the outdoors and love to putter around in the garden


Oh and I love dogs !
a lot !




Did you see them in my sidebar?







I would love for you to stop by and visit again!
I have more tricks for you
and 
Yes. . .
I would love for you to follow my blog.
I'm sorry I am not having a giveaway this time.
My regular readers know I love to give stuff away.
But I am on vacation and it just isn't going to happen.
I promise to hold one of my HUGE giveaways real soon.
I am going to try to visit all the blogs.
It will take a few days.
Please leave a comment 
to let me know you were here
and I will be sure to 
visit you too.
 See you again soon !

Marianne



28 comments:

Carol Swift said...

It's always fun to see what you're up to...enjoy the beach!

Ashley cramp said...

Hello from sunny uk where it is cold and I am wishing i was at the beach right now...popping over to join in the fun from grow your blog day
bestest daisy J x

http://lazydaisyjones.blogspot.co.uk/

Sparky said...

to holiday memories, you are such a divine artist

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Hi Marianne, I'm Linda from craftygardener.ca and I'm one of the volunteer helpers of the Grow Your Own Blog event. We are stopping by to see that links and comments etc work fine.
Your site looks great and I hope you get lots of new visitors and followers.
It's great meeting you, have a lovely day.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice post and array of your art to show. I always love to visit here.

Please visit my blog and let me know if I got rid of whatever it was that was bothering your Security.

Have a great HOP!!
xx, Carol

Denise said...

Your blog looks like a lot of fun:)I'm now following.Jump on over to meet Me.Denise

Denise said...

Gee I'll have to come back later there's some kind of glitch-If You remind Me By visiting it will be easier for Me -Denise

Donna Heber said...

Hi Marianne,

I'm visiting from the Grow Your Blog party. It is nice to meet you. You are very talented! I plan to look around a bit more and then be on my way to visit the others. Your furry friends are so adorable! I do hope you will stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs – Donna

sunny said...

Hi Marianne - nice to meet you! I love the shot of the dogs all lined up. Is it dinner time. And is that you in KAYAK?!?!?

Cindy said...

Hi!
I'm already a follower and LOVE to see your puppy pictures! They are wonderful nurturing souls! Your art is also amazing and I get inspiration from you and others all the time. Enjoy your vacation! Hugs!
Cindy :)

Rosa said...

Have great vacation!

Tanya said...

Fun, creative, dog loving blogger - AWESOME!!! Hope your vacation is wonderful - looking forward to reading more upon your return. Happy Blog Jumping - Tanya

Tanya said...

Something's up with Google Friend Connect - like it's thinking hard, or something - will be back later on to "Follow" here...

Cindy Gay said...

Especially like your journals!

kathyinozarks said...

wow the beach sounds perfect about now-we are in for another arctic blast with ice-coming in tonight-visiting from the party-and your blog sounds so fun and upbeat-I am a new follower Kathy

Wendy G. said...

This post boggled my mind with your beautiful photos that illustrate the creative, caring person your friends already know you are! That sentence was not grammatically correct but you get my point. I always look forward to your blog. Enjoy your vacation.

DebraKay Neiman said...

I am having fun finding new bloggers to follow...love sewing and quilting. Greetings from Oklahoma, USA. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

Kathy H said...

I hope you are having a wonderful vacation. i always enjoy seeing what you are up to on your blog. and the dogs too!

Kathy said...

You had me with the books and I am looking forward to reading more!

Silke Powers said...

You have a wonderful blog and I am going to visit again!! Your art, your photos, your dogs - it all appeals to me!! xoxo Silke

Jo said...

oh geez you are a talented lady!!! I am totally loving your blog ... so much eye candy ... and I do love dogs as well ... what would the world be without them! I am following by email!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Marianne,

You look so relaxed in the canoe (or is it a kayak?). Loved the little photos of all the projects you've worked on over the years.

I know for me, working full time has definitely put a damper in my blogging life. I also feel that I need to grow and learn more about blogger.

Enjoy your time away.
Hugs,
Kay

Art and Sand said...

Let's see what we have in common:

1. love the beach
2. love to knit
3. love to do zentangles
4. love to quilt
5. love to garden
6. love to make handmade books.

I am following on bloglovin because I want to get lots of inspriation.

Art and Sand said...

Let's see what we have in common:

1. love the beach
2. love to knit
3. love to do zentangles
4. love to quilt
5. love to garden
6. love to make handmade books.

I am following on bloglovin because I want to get lots of inspriation.

Cache-Mire said...

So glad you didn't miss the party! Your blog is delightful! I will be following... ~Terri

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Greetings from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Very nice to meet you. Already a follower.

macmillanmarie said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work. Have a great vacation.

Tess Wyatt said...

Just checking you out fab set of photos