I love how our lives are woven together.
.

A Penny Saved

Remember this dog from last week?
   
She came to RuffHaven last Sunday.  
 She was sad and confused because her owner had to leave her behind after 10 years.
She lived in her back yard and now they were moving and couldn't take her along. 
Monday we had a quick trip to the vet.
A complete exam and bloodwork to see if there were any
 major issues that needed to be addressed. 
She has very bad arthritis and the vet put her on Metacam.
 Then a trip to our groomer to get all the matted fur removed
 her fur was snarled and knotty. So matted that it had to come off.
 And this way we could get a good look at her.

Doesn't she look all relaxed ?  Our groomer , Randy, is amazing.

After her "spa treatment"
she had an appointment with our doggy acupuncturist.
She was given a deep massage and a vitamin B-12 shot
for her joints.



She looks so much better.
All week long I had been keeping her away from the other dogs.
Only allowing short supervised  visits.


Her name was Ginger...
 but since I had just recently lost a Ginger and this dog really didn't respond to it,
  we changed her name  to Penny.



So here she is today
One week later
Lounging peacefully with Shadie and Goldie

I think we have a happy ending in the making.
  
I can't tell you how much I already love this dog.
She's my new shiny Penny.
The Lifeguard comes home everyday and sings 
 " Penny Lane " to her.
I think he secretly loves her too.
but he won't admit it.





Have a wonderful evening!
                                                       

15 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, my, I'll bet she is happy to be rid of those knots of matted hair! She looks like she's wearing sox! HA! I am sooo glad she's adapting, and the other dogs are, too. She looks like she'll be a sweetie.

You are wonderful for doing what you do.

Mary Dawn said...

she's a lucky Penny

Sonya Badgley said...

What a blessing she has you! She IS a lucky penny. God will bless you for what you do.
She is beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sonya

Unknown said...

oh she looks lovely!

Lisa - papergrace said...

Oh honey. This brings tears to my eyes.

You are such a good, loving soul. Your Penny is so lucky to have you in her life. And I'm sure the joy you bring each other is worth all the tears you will inevitably shed together, as well.

God Bless you, Marianne. <3

Mosaic Magpie said...

A very happy ending. Thank you for being a kind, caring and thoughtful pet owner. I am sure Penny is grateful and will be a great addition to the family.
Deb

Toni said...

I think that is a great name for her and she looks so peaceful and safe.

JDConwell said...

You are a blessing to one another. She looks like an exotic sort of bear! :~)

Okami said...

She has such a sweet face, but she looks like she's wearing a pink body suit with that new haircut, LOL!

Carola Bartz said...

She is a cutie - poor little girl, losing her owners after such a long time. How lucky for her to have found you. "Penny" really works well for her.

flyingbeader said...

She is SO Sweet! I'd just love to lay down next to her & give her lots of food loving. What a loving face.

The Crafty Elf said...

OMG she is gorgeous! You are a true treasure for this lucky Penny and all your beautiful pets. How could you not love that face, eh? Thank you for sharing this wonderful heart warming story.

Trece said...

It is a blessing that you have 'heart-room' for this lucky Penny. I must say, my heart was rubg when I read your words about her not understanding what happened. I am so concerned that my DD23's 2 kittehs will be taken to a shelter, after leaving here. I am hoping that she will at least take the one who so meanly chases the others. The one who is just too "lively" we may have to end up keeping, because I can't bear her to go thru that. Anthropomorphising, I know, but. . .

Lubna said...

Hugs to Penny. With you, I am sure she will spend the rest of her life happily.

Krista/Ruca said...

Penny is lovely! I think you have both a happy ending (as you say) and a happy beginning (Penny's new life). It's people like you that give people a good name. Seeing that she has three legs, I might be tempted to call her Threepenny (Opera).

I see that you are an artist. Will we see Penny in any of your art? As a dog, I find other dogs to be excellent subjects.

Tchao-wow from Portugal!