I love how our lives are woven together.
.

a single step

The longest journey begins with a single step.

I am trying a lot of new things this summer. One of them is blogging. I have had a love/hate relationship with blogging. While I do want to blog and I feel I have something to add to the blogging world, I also have that fear of putting too much personal information out there. I have always been a very private person. As a child I had only one best friend .( she is still my best friend )  I never hung out with the cool kids, I never followed the crowd. I never skipped school....well not the whole day..... when I skipped lunch or study hall, I would hang out in the art room. I was the hippy-gypsy type, way out wacky artistic type, a dance to the beat of my own drummer type......I still am.  I am  a loner, a recluse, and slightly agoraphobic, I would rather stay home and not bother anyone . 

  But now I want to change.  just a little....

                       Maybe because I reached halfway in my life.

                                                                              But blogging?

                                                                                              Really?

How does one share without sharing too much?  
            How can someone be open and hidden at the same time?
How can a person connect without revealing everything?                                                 

I really don't expect answers here.
                                 Just random thoughts I have.
All my friends have blogs.
                                   And they don't seem to  have this inner battle.
  They all have wonderful blogs and as far as I can tell...
                            they do not become ill just thinking about blogging.  

So why DO I want to have a blog?

I hope to gain confidence and find my style. ( who knew I would need a style? )
I am making new friends, they have blogs, I want to connect with them.  
I am an Artist/Crafter and I want to share my work with my new friends.
And I think, for once, I want to follow the crowd.  

This is my last attempt at starting a blog.    
The first two attempts ended with me running away with my tail tucked between my legs.
I honestly don't know why.

I mean.......well......

you all seem like very nice people.

Thanks for listening so far. Hope to see you again soon.

7 comments:

Adriana said...

Oh my!! Where you peeking in my head!!? So good to know I'm not the only one with these thoughts..

But we can do it, right?
Fly high!
Hug xxx

jacqueline said...

Yipeee so happy that you have started your blog! It looks amazing and i love that you are sharing your thoughts here with us! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to yoU!

Kay said...

Hi...I thought like you too when I started blogging a few years ago now....to me it has been a lifeline..like you i don't have that many friends and have moved about so much..you lose people along the way.....i don't think i have had one person leave a horrid comment...in fact to start with nobody left a comment!!!!

i am trying to become an artist ..and i think as an artist you do bare your soul to the viewer anyway...so stick with it and see how it goes....there a lot of really lovely people out there who you would probably never come in contact with ordinarily..plus i get so much inspiration from seeing everyone elses view point..i can't imagine my day now with calling in on my 'friends'

have fun!!!

xxxx
Kay

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Welcome to the blogging world fellow flyer. :)

LissaBee Creations said...

Marianne,

Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. They mean alot to me.

I love the name RuffHaven. And I am glad you decided to give blogging another try. I know what you mean about feeling like you are exposing too much to the world. I would set some boundaries around the things that you will not write about. I think Kelly may have touched on this topic in our e-course.

And, uh, we won't let you be a loner anymore! :-)

Shalet said...

When I started a blog I was a wee bit nervous too. But now I have been blogging for a couple of years and have gotten quite comfortable with it. I used to keep it hidden from people at work, etc. But now they all know. And you know what? I've encountered nothing but sweet wonderful people out here in the blogosphere.

Perhaps it's the circles I run in -- I don't know.

There are topics I typically avoid -- for instance cases at work. I don't want to step on toes or invade any one else's privacy.

All I can say is I'm super happy I started a blog and am loving it still.

Sandy said...

Congrats on taking the plunge! We really do not bite, we bloggers, really, we. do. not! Everyone has angst when they step into the blogging world. As to advice on sharing vs over sharing, follow your heart. It helps to focus on one small area of your life rather than try to cover it all, but again, follow your heart. You'll do great!