I love how our lives are woven together.
.

just add a little paint

It's been a long time since I have participated in Paint Party Friday
Although I really haven't been painting much lately.... I do have some thing to share from the past.

A few years ago I got a bug up my butt about the plain valance above my sink in
 the kitchen of our beach house. So I set out to find a cheap way to change it.
I didn't have a full arsenal of supplies with me so I had to put my tinkering cap on. 

I was able to get a sample of wallpaper border at a local big box store.
I also picked up four small paint samples in medium tones of green, blue, brown, and a white.

 but I didn't like the fact that the repeat was so apparent
That second cluster of palm trees had to go.
so with a a few paint samples,  alot of mixing of color,
and a pitcher of margaritas,
 I was able to cover the unwanted trees and a few of the
beach umbrellas too.


 I also added some highlights and more vegetation so the remaining clusters of trees
no longer looked so  "matchy - matchy"

Here it is back up above the window

 unless you look real close , I don't think you can tell it started as a piece of wallpaper

 all for less than $10  !


 Now I need to do something about those tacky blinds.

So here it is again before and after


and now it lives in a tiny beach cottage above a sink

Thanks for stopping by.
now if you have time, 
please visit my friends 
at

                                                       

15 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Marianne,

Funny about finding that old photo! I posted a photo of my mom and me sitting on my parent's VW bug (circa 1962?). I posted the photo on the post dedicated to my mom - December 31.

Your wallpaper makeover is great! No, I can't tell at all where you modified it! What a great job blending the colors.

As for shabby beach house. In my mind there is NO shabby beach house!! That would be a piece of heaven for me!

Hugs,
Kay

WrightStuff said...

Genius :)

I bet the paper was great to use too - being tough enough to stand wallpaper paste.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wow! Looks amazing! And for less than $10!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

sunny said...

You're so talented! I love what you did.

faye said...

Marianne, you are a genius! This is so fantastic. What a beautiful scene.

Netty said...

Terrific makeover, love it. Happy PPF, Annette x

EVA said...

Great makeover! Perfect for a beach house!

carol l mckenna said...

I love your creation ~ very well done and soooooo functional and lovely ~ namaste, carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^

Leslie Hanna said...

AMAZING!

carlarey said...

I love seeing projects like this. You took something mass produced and mediocre and made it special and great. That's what an artist does.

ANNE said...

Nice job, I could not tell the difference!

Carola Bartz said...

Fabulous, Marianne! And I take any tacky beach house! You did a great job!

Geckostone said...

Wow what a great idea, it came out beautiful!!!

Renee! said...

Just stopping by to say hello and share some PPF love!
Renee
xoxo
www.fussitup.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Love what you have created. Would love to be in a warm ocean side instead of the cold Oregon coast LOL
Nicole/Beadwright