I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Rainy Day Play


I had garden clean up on my mind this morning ...
but...
 Mother Nature convinced me that it would be better to stay inside.
I do have a few unfinished projects but what did I do instead?

 
Started playing with a new toy.

Its called a knitter's loom.

It's made for quick projects and just perfect for using up your leftover yarns from other projects.  

 I had some leftover pink angel hair boucle from the scarf 
I made for The Pink Scarf Project 
and leftover Ombre Chunky cotton and wool blend. 
 So I decided to see if the two would play well together.

 They did !

 I love how the cream, tan, and brown toned down the pink.
 And since I was only playing, I decided to create a loose selvage. 
I wanted more brown to show on the edge and I also wanted a soft organic edge. 
I think it turned out great.


 Here's a closer look at the edge.


and a closer look at the weave....see it's barely pink.


I think this would look great in blues and browns.

I think a trip to the yarn shop is a great way to spend a rainy evening.

Hope it's nice and dry where you are.



2 comments:

sunny said...

Yay ~ you got your loom! I love the way the yarns look together. And it was a perfect project for this dreary day.

Leslie Hanna said...

I never would have put those two yarns together, but they look fabulous!