I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Spring !

This sweet baby has arrived just in time to welcome Spring.
I love Spring.
I have so much energy this year. But it's hard to control my wanderlust.
I am going to try to take a relaxed approach to Spring and spring chores.
I have a list of things that must be done before Easter.
But before I get to that list. I wanted to share a bit of Trivia.



Did you ever wonder why Easter falls on a different Sunday each year?


Easter always falls on the 
first Sunday AFTER the first Full Moon AFTER the Vernal (Spring) Equinox.


The word AFTER is very important here.
If the full moon falls ON the Equinox, we need to wait til the next Full Moon
That's why Easter is so late in some years.

Easter can never be earlier that March 22nd or later than April 25th.


How it falls into place this year:
Spring - March 20th
Full Moon - March 27th
Easter - March 31st


So it's easy to remember:

Easter always falls on  the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the equinox, to celebrate Easter.


The exception
There is always an exception to every rule right?

Passover

If the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the equinox,
falls during passover...Easter gets bumped to the next Sunday.

Passover said     "Pardon me I was here first"
                      Easter replied   "OK ...I'll see you next week"


 for more about movable feasts click here....but I warn you it gets a bit confusing. And if you have all day to kill time..... Google it.


Now I need to get back to my  list of outdoor fun... 
I need:
 3 yards of mulch
NO NEW PLANTS !   I need to stop feeding the deer.
More walks
More daydreaming
More family time.
More photographs.

Happy Spring Everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!
 

7 comments:

sunny said...

Cute little Bambi! I hope
Spring arrives soon, so you can be out digging in the dirt.

Leslie Hanna said...

I know about why Jewish holidays move (lunar calendar with a leap month ever 4 years), but not why Easter moves so much. NOW I KNOW!

Lorna McMahon said...

Awwww! Nice shot of the baby! And love seeing the daffodil in the next to last post. I am eager for spring here, but we are still firmly entrenched in winter.

Lisa - papergrace said...

Awww! That baby deer is such a cutie. :) I love Spring, too. Watching everything bloom is one of my favorite things of all. Everything "greens" up again - so fresh, and new.

And thank you for the fascinating Easter facts. I had no idea!

chris said...

Spring is my second favorite season after fall. I am so excited to get a garden going this year. :)

Vicki Maheu said...

I'm so excited for spring!!!! :)

Linda R said...

Hi Marianne, thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! It simply made my day ;-) So tickled to come over to your blog post with the baby...I love love animals and live in the woods and always looking for deer but rarely see them lately so this was a thrill. I have never heard why Easter changes dates and really enjoyed your post. So funny that I feel like I know you since our "flying" weeks together. Happy Easter to you - and let me tell you I think you have the most AWESOME studio I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!! I was drooling! Don't wear yourself out doing those pesky spring chores...keep some for making art LOLLLLL. BIG hugs. Linda