I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Tuesday, Tea and easing mild Tension



Good Morning Tuesday

It is amazing how quickly the weeks are rolling by. 
Once again it is Tuesday and time to get together with
 Elizabeth and friends for a little cup of kindness.    

Oh lord I must be tired, because I would never say that in real life.

Do you find yourself doing that?   Do you 'speak' differently on your blog?   I don't do it often. But sometimes when I can't think of how to say what I want to say . . . it comes out sounding a bit fake.    Not completely insincere . . . just not me.  Not the way I would really say it. I'm not sure if I would even say it at all.

whatever

So what have I been doing since last week? 
Sewing the binding on a quilt, painting, drawing, reading, 
walking dogs and planning a few trips.
 If all goes well I will be going out west for a week in November. 

It's been a bit tense around here.
 As the seasons change,
The lifeguard and I shift our routines. 
His work-life is less hectic and he 
comes home a bit earlier each day. 
He doesn't like to see my 'stuff' on the dining room table. 
Since I have the room in the basement 
he thinks I should stay down there.

But I like to play up here. 
In the natural daylight, with the dogs.
So there is a little tension there.
Nothing a cup of tea can't cure.

I've been working on my September Calendar and  
just added  "T" on Tuesdays. 


 The Art
the words were cut from my tea bag wrapper


I also added our local rubber stamp stores anniversary date . 
  "A Happy Stamper" is  10 years old. 
 I remember the day Angela opened her doors and all the rubber stampers poured in. She was an instant success.    I took several bookbinding classes there as well as classes from well known artists. Angela has just the right mix of cute, classic and edgy in her shop. Stampers and mixed media artists love to shop there. 
 I have introduced many close friends to her store. 
And sadly I don't get down there very often as I used to.  
So I will definitely be there on the 28th to help her celebrate.


The Tea

Yogi brand - Calming
I love the messages on the tags.



The Mug
Another 'everyday' cup from Pier 1 . 
 My favorite shade of green.


My goodness I feel chatty today.
I think I'll write another post 
maybe one for WOYWW.

Thank's for stopping by
Hope your Tuesday is not too tense.

Marianne


16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your calendar really BLEW me away (not to be confused with BLEUbeard of course). I wish my calendar pages looked even half, no 1/4th as lovely as yours.

That tea looks wonderful. I've only had Yogi brand once and it came from Patty. I love the tags they use.

Soon it will be dark for more of the day, and the warm basement will feel warm and inviting. That's when you'll be glad you have that lovely room.

Have a great T today, dear.

~*~Patty S said...

Happy T Day to ya...
Yogi teas are wonderful for many reasons and the tea tags are definitely keepers too!

Stay Calm and Make Something...

I am very lucky to have a partner that doesn't mind me spreading all over the house...which is both good and bad if you know what I mean hah!

Our local mixed media group used to meet at Angela's twice a month back in the day...we've since moved to the library and police station meeting rooms...TEN years already = WOW...
time really does fly
Happy T Day to ya
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

oops wished you a happy day twice ;)

Sandra Kaye said...

Yes...if all goes well you will be coming out west to see me:):) I havent heard from hubs yet..but he just left for work..talk soon:):) Hugs

Leslie Hanna said...

I am one of the fortunates you introduced to Angela. I love that place, and her! Once I move I will miss the personal service one can only get from a really good LSS.

Sadly I can't go to the celebration since my boy is getting married that day up in DE. WHOOT! :) I'll have to stop by before I move, though. One last time. Sigh.

Halle said...

I've felt the same way at times with my blog...thinking...I don't talk that way. Most times though it's written in my voice just as if I were speaking to you. I like blogs that way.
The yogi tea tags are a favorite of mine as well. They seem to speak to me almost perfectly most days.
Happy Tuesday!

dawn said...

Hello, so nice reading your post today. Felt warm and fun for me, love all the chit chat we get to do here on Tuesday's!!
My hubby is usually pretty good about my stuff all over the table, the kids complain more then he does. I'm trying really hard now to clean up before kids get home so they can do their homework and to keep my things organized, too many important papers have gotten lost.
Those words are perfect, need to find me some tea with words on it. Love that you used them for your calendar. I'm going to do the calenders now too, seeing Elizabeth's inspired me to start, will be sharing it next week maybe?
Congrats to your friend, how awesome that she is celebrating 10 years.
Have a great week! Hugs and T day!!

sunny said...

I am quite tense now that I read about a nearby Stamping shop that I didn't know existed. As a friend, I think I should be introduced!

Divers and Sundry said...

"Not completely insincere . . . just not me."

i think the written word and spoken word are different. it's still you, just put in a way that suits the medium. i remember when i was little and would have to write thank you notes, i would think it didn't sound like me. it did, tho, sound like me trying to fit my thoughts into a more formal form.

i still haven't seen yogi tea in a store, but i'm keeping an eye out. :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I feel that way about my blog, too--even sometimes when I am commenting I sound so much more formal than I mean to be. I guess I need more practice.

Cazzy said...

I know just what you mean, I feel I am a different person in cyberspace often!

I have some Yogi tea somewhere I must try it!

Your calendar is gorgeous! I have had a very tiring week or two and find myself unable to think sometimes, I am unwinding now all the visitors have gone and I am getting over the virus we all had from little Kenny, I can tell why he was so unhappy now and didn't want to eat his fav raspberries, I had such a sore throat!

Cazzy x

voodoo vixen said...

I agree, we all write differently to how we would actually speak, but then when speaking we have the extra help of facial expressions to convey the message. I am down in the basement with my crafty stuff.. and my cats spend large chunks of their day down there with me... think my DH would probably not be impressed if he found all my stuff upstairs too! LOL

Heartfire At Home said...

Hi Marianne!! Thanks for your lovely comment over on my blog!! I glanced down my blogroll last night for the first time in absolutely ages, and was so pleased to see you'd posted recently, and was planning to visit tonight!! I need some of that YOGI tea I think! I LOVE your calendar - gorgeous. xoxo

Denise Price said...

Happy T Day! I love that you put T Day on your calendar. And what a gorgeous calendar it is! Useful, too. I'll have to keep the idea of a homemade calendar in mind...it would be fun to have at home, or to give as a gift. Thanks for the idea.

I know what you mean about the " blog voice " sometimes sounding different from the "real life voice." It happens to me, too. I speak very casually, but I always seem to end up with a more formal tone to my writing. I blame my English degree. :)

Rita said...

I don't think I sound much different on my blog. Maybe I do? I am such an in head out mouth person, though, and people who know me have said they can "hear" me talking when they read my blog or a letter--so I think I am pretty spot on. I honestly never thought about it.
Love your calendar spread. I like big plain mugs, but I don't like it if people tell me where I can or can't spread my stuff--LOL!
Happy Belated T-Tuesday. :)

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Marianne,

Love the calendar! And maybe I should buy some of that tea just for the inspirational messages!!! Love that. I used to drink Snapple and always enjoyed the messages on their bottle caps. Fun.

Where "out west" will you be in November? Is that too nosy?

Peace,
Kay