I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Hello September



One thing leads to another. 
Way back in March? or April?  I enrolled in an online Art Journal / Mixed Media course called 21 Secrets.  
 I have been watching the videos and following along quietly. I haven't actively shared my work because ,  well,  
 time. 
There is never enough time to take the photos ,
 upload them, tweak them and share them.   
 I have been getting better at sharing on Instagram
And I have joined several groups on facebook too. 
 Posting photos here on my blog takes more time. 
And I need that time to do other things.   
Walk dogs, feed dogs, brush dogs, play with dogs, quilt, paint, stitch, knit, cook, hubby time, daughter time, son time, and friend time. 
 Oh and lets not forget shopping. 
There's a lot of shopping going on too.   
Anyway    back to the 21 Secrets.   
As a part of the class I have met some of the most talented people on the planet.  The inspiration has been overwhelming at times. 

One of the talented souls is Kate. 
Now I have seen her on the net before but never had time to get to know her and her work. I have been watching her Art Journal Calendar posts and have wanted to join in. 
This is my first calendar page. 
I hope to be able to create these every month.   
We'll see. 



The stack of white folded pages are for future months. I have started to paint the backgrounds and will be binding them together to form a journal. 

I used gesso to create the spaces for the days



rubber stamp  / Tim Holtz

I seem to have joined quite a few 
quilt challenges that are due this month.
so this months page will have a sewing theme.
I will work on this as the days go by 
and hopefully I will have a completely filled in page 
by the end of the month as well as 
a new page started for October.


I used Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils and Pitt pens.


You can learn more about this challenge on Kathryn's blog
    if you are a member of this group...
.please add me....
it is a closed group and I am trying to get in. 
thanks

Marianne


6 comments:

D said...

Kate's class at 21 secrets is my favorite class. Love your beautiful September pages. The colors and the way they blend look awesome!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Marianne,

Oh, PLEASE post more photos on your blog. I don't do instagram and have de-activated my facebook account. I absolutely LOVE this background page! Your squares for the days of the month are perfectly aligned and the same size. At first I thought maybe you used a rubber stamp to create them. I like your idea of having the sewing theme since you've joined so many challenges.

I'm going to start doing some art journaling. I've picked up a few old books at the library (for free) and will try different techniques.

Happy September 1!!

Peace,
Kay

Leslie Hanna said...

So, yeah, I'm going to give up on mixed media and just live vicariously through you. It will be a whole lot easier and more pleasant and less messy (here).

Um, did you actually doodle around the ink splots?

Leslie Hanna said...

So, yeah, I'm going to give up on mixed media and just live vicariously through you. It will be a whole lot easier and more pleasant and less messy (here).

Um, did you actually doodle around the ink splots?

Linda Kunsman said...

welcome to the calendar challenge! Gorgeous background for Sept. and I love your idea of the folded pages being bound into a journal.I've heard so many great things about the 21 secrets classes.

Patricia said...

Beautiful calendar page for September! The colors are so soft & soothing! I am in the middle of Kate's class in 21 Secrets - so much fun!