I love how our lives are woven together.
.

You don't know what you've got til it's gone

Louise Gale is hostess of the Creative Color Challenge. There is a button on my side bar if you are interested.
I needed to stretch my creative muscles since I have been stagnant for so long. So I joined. The first color she chose was Sunflower Yellow.....UGH ! This has got to be the one color that I wished with all my might that she would not choose. We are also permitted to use white and black. Still a tough combo for me. The upside is that all challenges after this one should be a piece of cake. The other reason why this challenge was so hard is because I still haven't unpacked everything in the studio after the flood. So I grabbed the yellow pages some yellow and black paint and some Golden's matte medium. That's enough for a quick collage. This is what came out of that combination of items.


It's on a 5x5 canvas.  
I think I was having a flash back.   
Can you hear the music? 




"Don't it always seem to go. You don't know what you've got til it's gone....."

  I hope next week's color is one that I can get along with. I 'm not happy with this one and my poor photos don't help a bit. I know we should always try to put our best work on our blogs. But, I'm human and sometimes we humans just can't force creativity. Hopefully you can at least enjoy the effort and the idea behind it. 

9 comments:

Jenny said...

What a brilliant idea, love that song and your painting! :0)

Toni said...

I think it's very creative....and you know I love sunflower yellow :) Can't wait to see what you come up with next week!

Carola Bartz said...

I love the idea of using the Yellow Pages! That's something to remember!
And btw I like your collage!

Nigel said...

Hmmm, I wonder if I have a yellow pages around here somewhere. I like this piece, but then I think yellow is my favourite colour.

Well done for posting it, even if you're not happy with it. It's good to be able to go back and see how we've progressed and what didn't work.

Cindy Belseth said...

Hi Marianne!
I just love that you used the "yellow" pages for this piece, very creative :) and yep, I totally thought Joni Mitchell when I saw it!
Good on you for having the courage to post something you are not satisfied with btw!
I hope this weeks colour is your fav, happy creating!

Leslie Hanna said...

Yellow pages! Of course! And thanks - now I've got that song in my head. ... ...

Michele said...

Your contribution made me laugh- you definitely win for most literal interpretation of a theme! I loved it!

Kerri said...

that turned out great- and of course, i LOVE big yellow taxi! :)

Carol @ A Bird in Hand said...

On the contrary....I think it is great!! (Love the song too...great for inspiration.) Can't wait to see your future projects also.