I love how our lives are woven together.
.

The House that Art Built

While cleaning out my studio ( basement ) I found some projects that were left stranded. You know, you get this idea and work at for a while then the honeymoon wears off, and the next thing you know that project is in the far corner never to be seen again.

Well, I found a few of those that need some attention. They are too good to throw away, No-one wants them because I've tried Craig's List and Free-Cycle. So I guess I am stuck with 'em.  Perhaps the universe liked my original idea and wants me to finish these projects. No point in questioning the universe. So this my dear friends is what I have in store for August.


The House That Art Built
Can't you see it now?  
All painted and pasted and hammered and sewn?
This is going to be fun!


The Artist's Chair
a great roadside find 



Crayola - the horse of many colors

                                          I can't wait to get my paints and ribbons out for this filly.

So with these projects and the Pink Lady I found ( read previous post ) I will be busy enough this August.
 Which is a good thing because it is still too hot to go outside.

Oh and here are a few shots of my studio floor. The flood in our basement urged me to clean up the joint. I am proud to say that as I load stuff back into the room, I have not yet put anything on the floor that doesn't belong there.  So far so good. Let's just see if I can keep it this way.


That's all for now.
Have a great week! 

14 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Niiiiice floor. Are you actually putting things away, or just stacking them higher on the tables? *ducks*

I think, somehow, you need to work with the filly and the pink lady. Together. Like Lady Madonna. Or something.

Leslie Hanna said...

PS: My WV: heada
The Pink Lady has no heada.

I know, too easy.

Kristin Dudish said...

GREAT finds!!!

I drive my husband crazy with all of the rubber-necking I do when I see things on the side of the road :)

I can't wait to see what you do with all of your re-discovered treasures!

Anonymous said...

I cannot WAIT to see this! August is going to be the MOST exciting Month!
I want updates....I want MORE! :)
I'll be popping in during my week off to see what you're up to.
Have a Super Creative Awesome Week!
susie

Joan B said...

love your blog!

Jenny said...

Hi Marianne!i'm glad i stopped by, I love the way you write! Thanks for visiting by my blog and leaving your message! Always nice to find another fern appreciator. Anything that involves the description "unfurling fronds" has to be exquisite! :0)

Heartfire At Home said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the little dolls house - I used to LOVE my dolls house when I was little. Love the horse also... gorgeous eyes!!

Linda. :)

Carol @ A Bird in Hand said...

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the rocking horse. Great find!!!

eva diva said...

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment! It's a challenge to be a vegetarian, I have cravings for meat so often, that you've made it without meat except for 2 meals in july is worth celebrating! What an achievement. It's also easier I think when family members, e.g. your husband here is also a vegetarian, you've each other when you need some motivation!

Can't wait to see you finish the horse with paint and ribbons!

Take care,
Eva

Diane McVey said...

You have some beautiful treasures there! That horse is fantastic! Can't wait to see the "after" pix...
Found your blog from reading Joan Bardee's blog. I have bookmarked it so I can come back!
Have a GREAT week! :D

Kristie @ Comfy Cozy said...

I am so wanting a dollhouse! I actually have a very old one but am not sure it'll work (I don't think it's to scale). Have you seen the cute stuff they make in miniature size!?!

Anonymous said...

you have some interesting projects. I can't wait to see the doll house. there's something magical about doll houses.

Mary-Michael said...

If you can't get rid of these through Craigslist or Freecycle...the universe has a bigger and brighter purpose! Keep us posted as to what you decide to do!!!

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

what a wonderful space! Can't wait to see your filly!