I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Restless AEDM day3

There has been a flurry of activity around here.
So much so that it is starting to interfere with my creative juice.
I have a few non blog things to attend to so for the next few
 days I will be posting for Art Every Day Month only.  

 This little bird has been soldered to a pin with a soldered frame.
This is a gift for a very close friend who is a Gemini.  She doesn't read my blog so it's safe to show you.
The photo inside is actually something I cut out of a piece of junk mail. I have no idea who the artist is. But I do know who the artist isn't.  It isn't me. I just did the soldereing.
And yes I wanted it to look lumpy...like a twig.
Then I painted the solder with a bronze paint pen and rubbed most of it back off.
  This piece is 1.5 inches square. 



Thanks for stopping by. 


         

10 comments:

Heartfire At Home said...

Marianne, that is GORGEOUS! Your friend is so lucky to be getting that! Love the way it looks like a twig (but you know how I love trees and foresty things!). Beautiful artwork too.

Linda. xx

Priscilla said...

Very pretty, luv it.

Toni said...

Very pretty! Lucky friend!

tammy vitale said...

I like it lumpy - what are you soldering on? This is such a lovely gift!

Sonya Badgley said...

Marianne,
I love it! Your friend will definitely love it!
Hugs,
Sonya

Cathy P. said...

Marianne - Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my new blog. I really appreciate it! Thought I'd check out your blog and I love it!I absolutely love this jewelry I would love to learn how to solder like this. The workmanship is incredible. Very inspiring and lucky friend who I'm sure will love it.

Leah said...

The frame is gorgeous!! I so love birds, so that touch really speaks to me. I'm sure your friend will love it!

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet Marianne, this is such a beautiful gift! I really adore that cute little bird and that painting in it is gorgeous!! Have alovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Mail Art Dramas said...

nice work. Zentangles...you peaked my interst. i have never heard of it. loved your doodles.
thanks for stopping by my blog.
Jill

Anonymous said...

OMG I want one! Very Nice Indeed!