I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Art Every Day Month


Today is November 1st and that means it's time for Art Every Day Month.

 I tried this a few years ago and didn't make it the 
whole way to the end of the month. 
I am creative everyday but I don't post on my blog everyday.
The hours just slip away to quickly.
This year I am going to try something new. 
Instead of trying to write a blog post everyday
 I will post daily on Instagram and then post a weekly catch up here. 
 The thing I like most about Art Everyday is that it can be anything at all...
even unfinished projects.
I do tend to leave a trail of unfinished projects.
anyway...
You can click on this badge to get more information about Art Every Day Month.

http://creativeeveryday.com/art-every-day-month



I'll start the month off with a knitting project I started last night while 
visiting my daughter and her baby. I am knitting this in the round 
and using up a bowl full of leftovers.

 I am just knitting along without a pattern.


 changing color as I go and changing direction too. 


 I am adding areas of color here and there by not going the whole way around. 


 I tried a few stitch patterns but the only one I liked enough to not rip it out is this seed stitch. 


I am excited to see how this turns out. At this point it can be a cowl 
. . .  or . . .
if I close up one end and add straps it can be a bag.

we'll see

Marianne

12 comments:

alifefullofpassion said...

I like the idea of being a bag :) the most amazing part is that is made out of scraps, the combination of colors looks really good :)

Indigo Janson said...

Beautiful blog and this looks like a fun project. Those colours are perfect for the season!

I'm glad you said you are creative every day despite not posting on your blog every day. Same here, and if I don't publicly complete Art Every Day Month, it won't stop me creating. It will be fun to get through the month if we can, though. Good luck!

Leslie Hanna said...

Yay for daily art! I touched some new washi tape today. :)

Nigel said...

welcome to the dark side ;)

x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Here we are AGAIN. So glad you joined this challenge, too. That is one awesome bowl of leftovers. Mine are never that appealing.

Sorry, I'm only on blogger, so I'll see you for your weekly wrap-up each week throughout the month. Good to see you took this challenge, too, though.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I love the example you are for freedom and rolling along with whatever yarn speaks to you and says "my turn!" Delightful!

It makes me wish I knew how to make yarn things.

I saw the one photo on instagram & its so cool to see more here, too.

:~)

Nina Fenner said...

Hi Marianne, thanks for visiting my blog. I love your knitting, I'm just finishing a hat and I tho I'm not a great knitter I know what you mean about it being relaxing, in an absorbing way.I love this freestyle way of knitting, I've just seen some wonderful freestyle crochet, I might have a go at combining the two. Love your art cards too, beautiful colours.

Darlene said...

You really are a talented knitter! I also like that the challenge is open to all things creative.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Wrenaissance Art said...

I just love those soft mossy greens and plums!
A weekly summary sounds like a good pace for updating without letting blog-maintenance take over your schedule. :-)

Serena Lewis said...

It sounds like a great idea, Marianne! Your knitted project looks awesome. I like to knit and crochet too. :)

PaintingWrite said...

Your idea sounds like a good one and funny enough I had a similar thought today only pudding on my Facebook page with a weekly blog update as the daily blogging seems to take up more of my time than the art! I love the colours in your knifing and it'll make a great infinity scarf.

sunny said...

Very pretty! I create every day, but I don't seem to accomplish much.