I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Tuesday, Tea and . . . Taking a breath



Good Evening Tuesday

On Tuesdays I like to link up to Elizabeth and Friends.
But recent events have taken on a life of their own and computer time was....
well there wasn't much . . . if any.

Please pour yourself a cup of your favorite beverage.
I have some catching up to do.



Today I am having some Lady Grey Tea in a Starbucks mug that was given to me as a gift.
I have been working on a shawl for
....someone...
I am not sure who.
Maybe me. Maybe you ?
 But I like the pattern and needed to stay calm during 
the first month of my new granddaughter's life. 
 Preemies have a way of taking over an entire family,
 and the emotions of so many key players became very overwhelming.
 I love knitting.
 It really calms my nerves.

In other Artsy News ... 


I made four 5x7 Art Cards for the monthly
Happy Art Swap with SandieKaye ( link on sidebar)

   
 I also made ATCs for a one-one swap with someone I met through Instagram.





So Yes I have been keeping busy.

in other news...
A large branch fell and shattered one of our skylights in our sunroom.

So
We had tree work done.

We had four skylights removed.

And we had new shingles installed.

It didn't go smoothly....they were installing the wrong color shingles.
 so they had to remove them and do it again.
oh and.....
My dear Lifeguard traveled out west to scout out an
 area in Colorado, where we would like to live when he retires.
He likes the Northern part of the state...
easier to get to Jackson Hole, the Tetons and Yellowstone.
While I like the Southern part of the state because it's easier to
get to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, Zion, and Albuquerque.
So we thought Glenwood Springs would be the perfect halfway spot.

and finally . . .
. . . . the completed scarf.
October was a very busy month.
I hope November is quiet.
Thanks for stopping by.

Marianne


10 comments:

Dianne said...

You have a lovely home...but home ownership certainly comes with complications! your art work is beautiful, and love the white cup...hope things quiet down for you in the next few days! Happy Tuesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO glad to see you. I was starting to worry that I had said or did something to offend you, especially after you sent me so many WONDERFUL gifts. Speaking of gifts, I hope you got my tip-in I sent. I sent it over a week ago, so I hope you got it. I'm going to show it and all the cards I made on my blog tomorrow, so if you didn't get it, I'll be disappointed.

Even babies that are born on time cause many emotions. I remember when a friend had hers in my family room (in another city) one year. The emotions, trauma, and worry that came during and after the birth are hard to explain to anyone who has not gone through something like that. I'm glad things are turning out OK, though.

I really like your ATCs. Not sure when you found time to make them, but I like them all, but I think "bliss" was my favorite.

Wow, that was a huge undertaking when you lost that skylight. And aren't you glad the company who installed the shingles was responsible for the replacement?

Thanks again for joining Bleubeard and me for T today. I'm SO glad to know things are well between us.

Sandra Kaye said...

Love the ATCs you made...hope I get some butterflies like that!!! Cant wait until you get you here!!!

sunny said...

LOL! I like how you use the words Lifeguard and Retirement in the same sentence! Your scarf is beautiful, as is all your artwork. Sorry you lost your skylights, but will it make the room more cozy? I hope your getting the chance for lots of hugs and kisses and snuggles.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Since your neighbors may have received the envelope, you might check out my blog in the morning and see your tip-in. It will be on the left side of the photo. The envelope is the largest you can use to send first class, and I think it's 6 X 9, or somewhere close to that. I didn't make an envelope for it, like I did the cards. I hope it turns up, and if not, just know I thought about you and wanted to show my appreciation for the lovely art fodder you sent my way. If it stays MIA, I will make something for you in the near future (but it won't be Halloween inspired).

roffeycreations said...

Hi Marianne, Love your knitting needles... are they wood? Lovely tea bag rest too - thanks for popping by for T - have a great week - Mxx

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful art you have recently created, but not the skylight tragedy. I'm glad it all worked out in the end but it must have been very stressful while it was going on.

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful scarf and your artwork is really special too...

Brightest of Blessings to your dear little granddaughter and all the family...

Hope your roof is safe and sound now...

As it happens we will be staying in Glenwood Springs for Thanksgiving this year (our son lives outside of Denver and Thanksgiving is his fav holiday)...
CO is such a gorgeous state (reminds us of Switzerland!)

Take care and no worries ...
I am finding it harder to be everywhere I want to be and do all the things I want to as well :)
oxo

Leslie Hanna said...

I love that photo of you in the scarf. You should use it for your avatar.

Also, you made only 4 of something, not 57? Are you okay?

xoxo

Rita said...

I love the little leaf/bird tea bag holder! Sweet! :)

When babies are in the hospital and extra fragile it is a stressful time. I love your knitting needles and the scarf is gorgeous!!

I am very late for T-Tuesday. Hope you had a good week. :)