I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Are you creative every day?


   It's Art every Day Month over at Creative Every Day.  Since I am participating in so many swaps and challenges and the holidays are around the corner, I am sure I can keep up with this challenge too.    Click here to find out more about this and perhaps you'll sign up too.


So for this very first day of November I'd like to show you my new addiction.  On October 1st I wandered into Queen's Ink in Savage Mill, MD .  I wander there quite a bit.  On this particular day I spotted a little green box.

 My curiosity was peaked so I opened the box.  oh boy !   Zentangle !   I have heard about this. I even joked about this.  It's doodling.  I doodled as a child. No ....wait.... I think I was born doodling....no wait....I am pretty sure I doodled something on the walls of my mothers womb.     I know I doodled in my baby food. My mother told me I was a messy child.       I don't think I was messy at all....I was creative.  Perhaps I was creating a mess...I still do that today.  I can create messes all over the house....but I digress. 

Anyway back to Zentangle.  

When I went to the Art on a Limb retreat late Sept. I had met a gal who is an instructor of the Art of Zentangle. And if that weren't enough several folks online had Zentangle blogs, and I kept blurffing right into them........ So this Zentangle thing was following me........ I had to give in........ I bought the little green box and an extra pack of Zentangle tiles....the little cards you doodle on.        Yes, I know you can doodle anywhere...     but why not get the cards?      why not?    



the little green box




oooh....look at all the neat stuff inside

 So home I went, excited to open the box and dig in.   After reading the cute little instruction book I picked up my cute little green pencil and micron pen and did this:

my first Zentangle

lookie !   the tiles are so cute ! this is the back of a tile....a place to sign and date it....





a close up...ooooohhh

Uh oh....I was hooked.   Within 5 days I did this:



  I would work on these every time I got stuck while working on the quilt in my previous post. And YES !  The Zentangle worked.  They calmed me.....centered me.....helped me get through the day.....I guess I could have bought a few bottles of wine ..... but it wouldn't have been as much fun.

I will be posting more Zentangles in the near future but they will be on my PaperPlay @ RuffHaven blog......because it's on paper.....right?

Oh and I signed up to take a class with Diane, the Zentangle instructor I met at the retreat....she lives within driving distance..... Oh the fun we will have !



Life can be Ruff....get your zen on.

4 comments:

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

DO I NEED THIS LITTLE GREEN BOX? DO I NEED TO GO TO THIS CLASS?! YES, I AM YELLING! ZOMG.

Mandy Saile said...

What a neat little box and neat ideal, I love the zentangle ideal...and what your doing looks very cool as a grouping...are you leaving them black and white or maybe add some watercolour??? I guess the ideals/options are endless...thanks for sharing Marianne:D

Jenny said...

Hi there! Wow...LOVE your zentangles!!! Thay certainly do look addictive! I'm going to have to give this a go! I actually have to confess...I'd never even heard of the word "zentangle" before I started blogging in June....I have been on such a learnig curve since then :)
So you are doing "Art EveryDay" too?! Yay! Always good to know I am in lovely company :)

Suzanne said...

I can't believe you did all those in five days! Did you neglect your house, your dogs? (I'm sure not.) Those are wonderful. It's so fun when you find something new.