I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Random Friday


Yes, Yes, I'm still here. There has been quite a lot of activity here at RuffHaven.
So much that I have not had time to post this week.


The biggest event was "the storm" The DC area had a few storms roll through on Sunday and again on Thursday. I won't bore you with the details. But do you remember the bright and shiny new fence we had installed last month?                       Well.... Honey get your chain saw.
Mother Nature in all her glory decided that not one,    not two....    but FOUR trees needed to go.
So she knocked 'em down pretty as you please, right on that shiny new fence.
Call the fence guy...because he has to repair the fence in FOUR places. heavy sigh.
Oh she also decided that we needed to save money so she knocked our power out too. Hard to go online without electricity and the generator is for more important things like, well......air conditioning and the fridge.


So what else has been happening you might ask.


I was driving down the road the other day.... and I spotted this:
What  is that?

I get a little closer.........hmmmmm.......I slow down.....





Still............What is that?



OK !     I'll pull over.    What IS that?  

 I am always pulling over because ...........well ..........
I find  a lot of good "someone's junk could be my treasure" stuff.
You know you do it too.

I got out of the van
( yes, I drive a van, it's usually full of dogs, and it's good for picking up treasures )

  I looked both ways, because heaven forbid if anyone should actually see me digging around in a corn field and picking up junk off the side of the road,  and taking pictures of it no less. I'd be locked up for sure.....

 
I pulled this poor damsel in distress out of the corn.



I am quite certain she had not intended for her life to end up on the side of the road.
She was in good shape despite someone trying to disrobe her. I am sure she put up a good fight before being tossed out.   Look at the poor thing.


Her dress was ripped in several places and her left boob was practically hanging out.


Cover that up dear.


So she will come home with me.  I'll clean her up and get her some new clothes. She can live in the studio. She's very thin....I'll bet she doesn't eat much at all.

For all you crafty types....you know you haven't seen the last of her.
 Yes I think she will be a fun trash to treasure project.

Have a wonderful weeke.........n.........d....

Oh I almost forgot the sneak peak  ......just a little something.
 Yes, I am still working on the tree collage  ( art cannot be rushed ) .... I did say I am an ADD crafter.... There's always more than one project in progress.
I don't usually do "cute" but here is a preview of a quilt I am working on.  
                                                                     That's all for now.

So what are you working on this week?  

9 comments:

Mariam Kobras said...

WOW!!!! This is like a fantastic movie with Johnny Depp or something, you don't find this kind of stuff beside the road normally! You lucky girl. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your little lady! Cant wait to see her in her new happy home! And love the colors in the quilt! Good luck and thanks for the post - sorry about the weather - we had an ice storm here a year ago - lost 5 trees and no power for a week - so I feel your pain :-)

suzanna leigh said...

What will you name her? will you give her a head? Can't wait to see her fed and cared for.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! This is a great find of the utmost unusal kind! I wanted to know the same thing...What will you name her? This is just tooooo funnnny & such a wonderful post.She should bring you some great inspiration and I
can't wait to see more of that quilt.
I'm taking the week off to create freely all week long :)
Have a great weekend!
susie

Suzanne said...

That is so funny! I'm sure I wouldn't have stopped. Maybe that makes you an optimist, or something. Or just so, so curious.

Mary-Michael said...

Hello Marianne, I am a fellow Flyer and I love your blog. I am just starting up mine. A quilter like yourself, moving slowing into fiber arts. I wonder if you wouldn't mind answering me a question? What kind of camera do you use to take your photos? I have a point and shoot and I'm having a hard time getting my pictures to look as sharp and crisp as yours. I'd appreciate your help. Thank you, Mary-Michael

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Well, well, well. We meet The Pink Lady. I can see why you stopped. She would not have fit into the Miata, but if *I* had found her, I'd have called you to bring the van. ;)

PS: I love that road. And the corn.

Claire Sewell said...

Your pink lady is beautiful - even in her torn state. I bet she could tell a story or ten! I love the perfect stitching on your project. My project at the moment is a novel - it has its own life. It's a Monday morning so I might be able to squeeze out some words on it before Friday.

Anonymous said...

I tried to post here the other day, It wouldn't recognize my name!! But i thought I'd try again.
I love your Pink Lady, I so wonder what brought her to the side of the road.
I'm so glad you found her, she"ll have a new lease on life - when you figure it out. Funny post.
I also wished I could have borrowed that alien, hazmat suit you had. My dogs wouldn't have cared what i looked like I'm sure.