I love how our lives are woven together.
.

But....what about Goldie's family?

ahh...... I do have readers. Whoa!  did I get emails this morning or what?
 And many of them have asked..........But wait, didn't her family claim her?

I asked about this too.  
They thought at one point they had located her family. But it turned out that she was not their dog.
There was another yellow chow chow rescued and that dogs name was Peazy.
a little more.....
Goldie must have gotten hit on the head or something during the storm because she was and still is a bit unpredictable. She was NOT adoptable.  They  received so many inquiries that they had to tell people she was not there. Pat worked with her for months before he felt he could release her for adoption.    She was at BestFriends the whole time.   
The following year after I had brought Goldie home ( 2007) I attended a Workshop at Best Friends to learn how to operate a rescue.
(I'll save that story for my dog blog.)
It was then I learned that Goldie was taken to California several times for fund raising events. She was quite the attention getter and had raised a lot of money.    I have a feeling that if Goldie didn't have her quirky  and annoying habit of barking in other dogs faces, she would still be there. Everyone seemed to love her.
Luckily for me she drove people and dogs nuts.
 There are several other stories brewing about Goldie. The fun didn't stop when we adopted her.  But I'll save those for the dog blog.

Thanks for asking everyone!


Goldie and Ginger

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's very lucky to have found you> I assume she's not always barking in your other dogs faces. She probably feels at home. ahh

Marianne said...

It only took a month to change that behavior. Every now and then she does it but a firm "no"stops it.

Laura Ludwig Hamor said...

I have never had more than one dog at a time. But now that our sons are out of the house and we have a 10 month old energetic puppy, I am thinking he might love a friend. What age do you think is a good one for him to be before we introduce another dog?
: )

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful intro for your New Blog! This 3 part story was great and shows your compassion for your dogs. I will visit Ruffhaven, your 2nd blog often!
Have a great week,
susie