I love how our lives are woven together.
.

peeling back the layers

I love the four seasons in Maryland.
I really don't have a favorite but I know I am not fond of Winter after the first 20 inches of snow. Any more than that and I tend to get pretty testy. Not because I hate snow.....but because everyone else around me hates snow. They get nasty and crabby and all cabin feverish.

So it makes it difficult to enjoy Winter.

Somebody slap me

Why am I thinking about Winter  !  ?

Right now I am enjoying the end of Summer. The clear crisp air, cooler temps and chilly evenings. This time of year I am usually thinking about a fall vacation. but last year I decided to go full steam ahead and rescue dogs full time. This meant not so many trips for me for a while. Well not long trips anyway. Since I'll be home more I 'll be able to devote more time to my quilts.
I store my finished quilt tops in the spare bedroom on a full size bed. The plan is to store them there for only a short time and then add batting and backing, and then quilt them. They wait for me while I am busy putting another top together.


     Let's peel back the layers and take a peek               

white and multi-color batiks

black and multi-color batiks

red, grey,black chevron

Niki quilt ( leftover from last year)

So with this many unfinished projects, ( and there are more hidden around her somewhere ) I don't think I 'll be having a hard time making it through Fall or Winter this year.
I'll be all comfy cozy at the end of the road,
                              in the forest, in my small house,
                                                                with my dogs
                                                                                 and you ...
                                                                                       .......my new friends.  


Oh .....and my DH, a grouchy guy who hates Winter.

Winters can be ruff, go make a quilt!
Marianne

No comments: