I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Time to tame the wild child


You know how parents have to keep their  kids busy and focused. 
Well my inner child has become wild and definitely
 needs to be cornered and contained.
 She's so out of control.
Two years ago I "retired" from working for my husband.
Last year I was busy with a total gut and remodel of our
 kitchen, foyer, and laundry/mudroom.

This year I have the freedom to do what ever I want.

The Inner Child is aware of this.
So far April has been a blur.
She has been dragging me to Art Fairs, Craft Shows,  Galleries,
 Yarn Shops, Quilt Shops, Rubber Stamp Stores
.....Lowe's, Ace and Home Depot.  
She's hungry. She's obsessed. 

She's a Wild Child.

 She's insane. That inner child.
A few of you have had the pleasure ? of meeting her.
How many times have I heard...
" Marianne have you had enough coffee?"
funny thing is  coffee or tea or chocolate is not needed to set the inner child into a frenzy.
But color, craft supplies and  her friends here in this computer.
That combination of stimulation can be hazardous.

So I have found several activities to hopefully keep her satisfied this Spring and Summer.
While she is occupied I might be able to get to all that garden clean-up that I keep talking about.



So here is my plan. Yeah I know I failed miserably with the "29 faces in 29 days" back in February.
       I still might surprise you and complete that challenge....but maybe not.
                                    But I think I came up with a plan that I can stick to. .....casually.....
                                                                                                  a girl needs breathing room , right?

 So over in my sidebar I have buttons and links to my chosen activities.

                     Here are the six fabrics  I have chosen for a quick project for a  Blog Hop


I will also be participating in:
    
 21 Secrets - Artist Workshops.
   This actually started a few weeks ago.
but you can still jump in. 


I have a few more scarves to make for The Pink Scarf Project


              
Paint Party Friday...not every Friday....once, maybe twice a month.


 Shopping our Stash Challenge...
yes I need this. I have some great stuff gathering dust that must be used.


I am cleaning and organizing my craft room ( again) 
Yes Summer is not all fun and games.
So I have a few Giveaways planned.
Remember the 5 boxes of treasures I gave away a few years ago?  
Well it's time for another Huge Giveaway like that. 
( stay tuned for more info later this week )



In real life I will be taking a pottery class once a week.
I joined a knitter's gathering that meets once a week.
And another knitters group that meets once a month.
I love these two groups and look forward to my time with them.
Aaaaand a once a month I'll attend  Photo Art Journaling class

YES !   My Inner Child and I will be playing with 
REAL LIVE PEOPLE ! 

Whew
That should keep the Inner Wild Child  busy.
Do you think it will work? 



  I've said this before and I'll say it again.  I love this community and I feel I've been slacking in my end of the deal.
                    You all inspire me
                                    I want to inspire you
                                                    perhaps enable you,
                                                                   maybe I can make you laugh once in a while

Either way....I want you to have fun while you're here and even more fun creating whatever it is you do with your Inner Child.

So tell me. What are your artsy crafty plans this Spring and Summer.
Let's cheer for each others creative inner child.






 




4 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Marianne,

I like your new profile photo -- I noticed a while back and don't think I've mentioned it.

Whew -- your inner child is going to be busy! How great to have people in your community to have REAL interaction with. I love face time rather than computer time.....

As for my spring and summer crafting goals - wow. I just need to turn off the t.v. in the evenings (I'm so bad about that after getting home from a 9 hour day at work) and play. Or just sit outside in my little backyard and read - or craft. I've promised myself that I would try to knit different things (doing well on that one).

You are also an inspiration to us all!

Hugs,
Kay

Sandra Kaye said...

WOW!!! it looks like you have a lot of fun stuff going on. As you know Im in 21 secrets too...having super fun there too!!! Cool to see ya on Ig!!!

sunny said...

Great post! I'm jealous about the pottery class - that's something I've always wanted to try. Now Get Busy!!

Becky New said...

Ahhhhh!!! I'm so glad to have found you! Ok ... truth ... you found me. ;) Can't wait to play together! :D