I love how our lives are woven together.
.

The Pink Scarf Project

 Pink Alert!  

pink 
pink
 pink
Lots of pink in this post.



While I was in Florida this past winter I saw Vicki's post asking us to
 make pink scarves and send them to Kentucky, where they will
 become gifts of hope and given to women who are battling cancer.
I am not a fan of pink. 
It is one color that I rarely reach for. But this project tugged at my heart.

When my daughter came to visit, she snapped this photo of me, 
knitting,
 in 80 degree sunshine....
 of course I did have a cool drink.




When I came home I continued to knit. I also bought some pink fabric. 
I decided to make more than one scarf. A few knitted. A few sewn. and a few woven. 





I am still adding the finishing touches to the woven scarves....I'll show you when they are done.





Oh and I used the leftover yarn to make a banner for a local chemotherapy lounge.
I need to add some charms and beads and a few words of hope and it will be finished.



I like it so far. What do you think?

oh and can you believe I actually posted a photo of myself here?
  brave?  or stupid?   time will tell.






3 comments:

Vicki Boster said...

Ohhhhh I love you to pieces!! Thank you so much for your wonderful generous efforts for this project! Your scarves are gorgeous and that banner is going to be unbelievable!! I will treasure the scarves when they arrive here-- I just know they will be loved so much when they are given as gifts later this year.

Watch for the spring edition of the scarves to be posted in a few weeks!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart xoxo
Vicki

Leslie Hanna said...

It's so ... PINK! What great projects!!!!!

Marianne said...

I knew you would love it!