I love how our lives are woven together.
.

irene, mom, and sunny



IRENE

 If you are a new reader you might not know that I live in a forest of very tall
Oaks, Hickory, Poplars and a few Maples. 
 When they say a hurricane is coming....
we listen and we prepare.
This set of photos shows how close the very large trees are to our house.
We did not evacuate, but we did make sure anything that could be blown around,
as in patio furniture, was brought inside.
We also made sure we had enough water, dog food and snacks for us .
Oh ...  and gas for chainsaws and the generator.  

We were lucky...only a few downed limbs and leaves scattered about.
just a day of clean up and we'll be back to normal



MOM

When I was a little girl my mom taught me how to knit and crochet.
I have no idea why, but recently I decided I needed to brush up on those skills.
I have been practicing my basic stitches.
my choice of color doesn't surprise me at all.

I love how the yarns I chose work so well with  my sofa.

Not sure if I will make anything more than scarves or afghans,
but it brings back so many memories of my mom.
 I have been carving out about a half hour a day to work on my stitches.
A half hour well spent....if you ask me.



SUNNY

Last Thursday,  I met a new friend for lunch and a bit of shopping.
Sunny is a wonderful person who shares my love of all things homespun and cozy.
She even wanted to own a B&B at one time, which was also once a dream of mine.
Sunny and I met for lunch and talked away two hours.
Then we drove to a local quilt shop
for a bit of retail bonding
I joined Sunny's Stay at Home Round Robin.
In which we are given an assignment to create a portion of a quilt each month.
I need to get moving on my center block and write a post about it.
Anyway
Sunny surprised me with a gift at lunch
This wonderful pincushion that she said she whipped up the night before.
whipped up?
look at the detail of this monogram !


Thank you so much Sunny.
I am looking forward to a  more lunches and  more shopping trips.


ONE MORE THING

I added beads to the edges of the pages of a journal I have been working on.
I thought since I am rambling on about so many
disconnected subjects I might as well include this too.

Hope your evening is a happy one.
Thanks for stopping by

xo
                                              

6 comments:

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

You've been a very busy girl.

Is that Tucker, sitting like a puppy on your walkio?

sunny said...

I'm glad you don't have too much debis to clean up! I thoroughly enjoyed our 'date' and hope we can get together atain soon.

Lubna said...

Am so glad you are safe. Was thinking of you and the doggies. We, in Mumbai, India have a non stop downpour and our roads are flooded.

JDConwell said...

Glad you're safe and sound after Irene. Having lived in Florida through several of these puppies, I know how much fun they can be! :~)

LOVE the beads on the journal. That's beautiful. Enjoy the crochet and knitting...it IS a half hour well spent.

Anonymous said...

So Happy you made out well with the storm. We were blessed as well, minor clean-up.
You've really been busy getting in to all sorts of things I see. That's what I love about visiting here...I never know what's next :)

The Crafty Elf said...

I was wondering how you made out! Glad to hear all is safe and we'll keep our fingers crossed everything from here on in stays out in the water with no landfall!! Marianne, I love to crochet too but I'm not really a knitter although I know how. I'm self taught on both so that probably explains the love to make afghans - easy! I believe you just might like the colour of afghan I'm working on now ....it goes with everything!