I love how our lives are woven together.
.

one fabulous fabric


I almost forgot about FNSI. 
 I almost left the house without posting about the progress
I made last night on my kaleidoscope -ish quilt.  
 The reason I say kaleidoscope-ish is because in the end
this quilt will have a few more elements added to it that
will not make it a true kaleidoscope.  About a year ago I had purchased
 Marti Michell's book, Kaleidoscope ABCs ,
and set it aside for "someday".  The quilt on the cover was just to enticing to pass up.
The stack n whack technique makes this quilt all the more fun. 
 Well  "someday" camein the form of that beautiful butterfly floral.
 As soon as I boughtthe fabric I knew exactly what I would do with it. 
 Usually I will tweak a pattern to suit my taste,
but this time I am following the pattern as written.
I have enough fabric to make a second quilt if I feel the need to change it up a bit.
I didn't get as much done as I had hoped but
I was able to piece 11 of the 18 main octagons.
They aren't perfect...but they are close enough.
I had to rip a few seams and in the end I think I wasn't
 getting any closer to perfect no matter how many times I tried.

 Hopefully I will be able to make time today for sewing,
 and get started on the alternating blocks. 



 so far this blue one is my favorite


















I just love how all of these came from one fabulous fabric.
The fabric is Kono Bay's " Butterfly Garden " 
Thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

sunny said...

Beautiful!!!!

Cindy Belseth said...

Very cool Marianne! Love all the colours! :)