I love how our lives are woven together.
.

flowers flowers



As if there isn't enough sewing going on here....
I've decided to try to tackle a Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt. 
This one will be hand stitched and consist of
700 or more 2" hexagons sewn into flowers and borders
I would like to make this large enough for a queen size bed. 
I will be using the traditional setting of six petals around a center. 
 then I will add green hexagons between the flowers and as a border.
Each flower is about 10 inches across.
Not quite sure of the math but I think around 700 hexagons will be needed.

This quilt will take approximately 17.9 years to finish.
 
What?

Did you say you would like to have it sooner than that?
Well,   I dunno......maybe

I have joined Karen's Garden Party in an effort to  finish at least one flower a week
wish me luck

My first flower in a garden of many


 just look at those teeeeny tiny stitches
not perfect but I wasn't wearing the glasses that I now know I need for this project.

this seam is much better.....see what an hour or so of practice will do for ya.

edited to add this link to a hexagon calculator
I'll need  ONLY  687  hexagons
that's all....whew.

There are quite a few quilters stitching right along with Karen, each making their way to a beautiful flower garden.  If you have time and would like to see more...go over to the list to see every one's flowers.

Thanks for stopping by.
Marianne

No comments: