I love how our lives are woven together.
.

WOYWW # 115 --- stitches x 3 ---



Some days the creative energy flows and I just don't have the will to stop it.
This past week I have been in a fabric mood.  
I was in the process of finishing a few projects I started last year...
....but the urge to start new ones was too strong.
My work space this week is my dining room table.
I love to craft there because the lighting is great and I can see outside.


 Not one....not two....
but three projects going on at once. 
 I know you do it too..... It's hard to stop when the bug hits.  
2 quilt tops and a crocheted scarf



 ...who the heck crochets a scarf in the heat of Summer? 

 I don't know what came over me...
but I had to play with this ever so soft yarn.

 The reason for all of this homey craftiness is because I have been taking care of Goldie who is also in stitches. 
 14 of them

ouch
She had knee surgery a week ago and has three more weeks of restricted recovery. 
All is well....we've been through this before.




Now that you've seen my lovely mess, why not drop by Julia's blog to see what's happening on her desk and while you're there check out the links ....but be warned
......doing so can induce hours of internet surfing followed by hours of craftiness......
                                                      Have fun !
                                                          
and if you want to see more photos of this project click on the photo.

19 comments:

Sarah said...

great post full of fab piccy's, hope Goldie makes a quick recovery (ow!)
Thanks for sharing today.

Sarah (at 2)

Helen said...

Wow, love that fabric!! You have been very creative, thanks for sharing with us all.

ScrappnBee said...

I hope that Goldie makes a quick recovery (and does not try too hard to get those stitches!). What lovely projects you have this week! I wish that I could reach out and touch that yarn! Good luck with the beautiful quilt tops too! Thanks for sharing your WOYWW! -Amanda

okienurse said...

love all that beautiful material. The colors are so bright and the patterns awesome! Poor goldie I feel for her with all those stitches! Does she try and pull at them? Poor baby. Enjoy crocheting your scarf. Vickie

Franka Benjaminsen said...

What a buzzy work space. There's a lot going on. Love all the fabric and the warm thick yarn. Hope your dog recovers very quick. Happy WOYWW. Bye, Franka

Lunch Lady Jan said...

All that fab material -yummy!! I really am impressed with the quilting project, I just don't have the patience, but yours looks amazing. Poor ol'doggie - hope she feels much better soon xx

Hazel said...

Your quilting material and crochet look great. Awww poor Goldie - hope she recovers well and doesn't react too badly to being restricted - Hazel WOYWW #65 x

The Crafty Elf said...

Oh....Goldie! I hope she heals quickly and is up running around as usual! Give her a big hug and noogie on top of her head for me. Marianne, your quilt is just awesome! I love your colours and can't wait to see it done. I love the pattern you've made. All that cutting - yikes! I love to crochet too and am in the middle of a large wool throw, in the summer! Who does that? Us I guess! LOL

Ann B said...

Beautiful fabric, vibrant colours. Best wishes to Goldie, hope you have better luck in keeping her quiet than we had when our pup was spayed

Anonymous said...

Ow for Goldie! How are you going to keep her quiet, lol! Love the fabrics, really bright and cheerful.

Hugs
Brenda 80

sunny said...

Only 3 projects?? Sure looks like you're having fun. HOpe Goldie is up and about soon.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Sorry about your pooch. Hope she recovers quickly. Good luck with your projects. :) First thing I thought about was who the heck knits in the summer heat? :))

Tertia said...

Hope doggie recovers well.
I admit, I do it too, try to finish one thing and then inspiration strikes - its a curse I tell you.
Happy WOYWW

Barb said...

You are so right, when it hits....make hay while the sun shines....and you are doing just that...awesome!!

Julia Dunnit said...

I clicked on the picture Marianne - just had to - my word..fussy cutting is amazing..I love your skill at spotting all the potential from that lovely fabric!
Gentle hugs for Goldie...enforced rest huh..that's why you're off with so many projects!!

Cindy Belseth said...

Hi Marianne!
Just catching up on my blog reading and thought I'd pop by to say hello! I love that dark red fabric! It's beautiful!
Wishing Goldie a speedy and peaceful recovery... :)

Annie said...

I'm having a quick trip round the WOYWWers before I start on my next batch of little African dresses. It's great to see what you're busy with this week.
Hugs,
A x

Carola Bartz said...

I absolutely LOVE the yummy colors of your fabric. Good thing that I am useless at sewing, otherwise I would buy so much fabric and do something with it. Every now and then I but fat quarters to include them in my mixed media art, and that's about it. Healing thoughts to Goldie - that looks painfull. How do you get a dog to a restricted recovery when she wants to play?

Elizabeth said...

Great post - love the fabric, the colours are very autumnal, my favourite range. I hope Goldie makes a speedy delivery. You have a lovely family of dogs who seem to be so well-behaved. Elizabeth x #70