I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Scraps, Glue and a Winner too.

I am happy to be a part of a swap hosted by Sandie of Sandra Kaye Designs.  I "met" Sandie a few years ago when  she launched her blog. Then I joined one of her quiltie swaps and fell head over teacups in love with her Bright Bold and Colorful style.   She is a creative type who likes to dabble in several different mediums. Mostly Mixed Media and Art Quilting. One common theme runs thru her work and her blog.....COLOR    She's not afraid of it and throws it around like she'll never run out of it. If you want to know what's at the end of the rainbow it's probably Sandie's Studio.

So for her 5x7 mixed media art swap, I have been 
playing with old scraps and glue.  I am making backgrounds.










While I had my glue stick out I thought it would be fun to start next months cards too.  These backgrounds were made by cutting up a container store catalog and weaving the strips together.
 Then I added a layer of sheer lace paper using water soluble varnish as an adhesive.




 


                                                                           And finally.............

I'll bet you thought I had forgotten about the gift card giveaway. Well I didn't. But let me tell you it was not easy making sure all the blog hop participants received two chances while everyone else got one chance.
 ( note to self....make the next giveaway easier )

So after printing out the list of comments twice and cutting them into pieces..  no picture....but trust me here....this did happen and hubby wasn't happy at all to be drafted into choosing the winner out of a bowl. 


The winner  of the $25 Amazon gift card is:


                                                        Patty.....check your email dear.


So that's it for me. I hope my friends here in the US had a fun holiday yesterday.     I spend 4th of July evening trying to keep my dogs calm. We live out on the edge of the burbs of DC and there is a country club two miles away. Well they had fireworks on the 3rd and 4th this year.   So we had two nights of shaking doggies.  Poor things.     But I must admit is is wonderful to see the fireworks thru the trees.....we are that close.

See you again soon !

Marianne
                          

2 comments:

Sandra Kaye said...

You are soooooo sweet!!! Thank you so much for such wonderful comments on ME:):) I have never heard anyone say those things about me:):) Warm fuzzy feelings rolling around in my colorful studio:):) Thanks very much:):) I'm super glad you wanted to join me again on another trade:):) Much love-S

Patty said...

Wow! What a lovely surprise! I am jumping up and down and will the giftcard for sure! Now, which quilt book should I buy? How fun to shop. Thank YOU!