I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Around the web and back again

Prompted by the many links shared by all the folks I've  met online, I feel like I have been to the end of the interweb and back again. Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, Picassa, E-courses, Webinars,  Blogger, Typepad, Etsy, ArtFire, BigCartel, SquareSpace, GoDaddy, Inspirational blogs, crafty blogs, artist blogs, business blogs, blogs about blogging, blog designer blogs, ...................
                         ......well you get the picture.  ( and no,  I am not going to link to all those places... ugh )
small 4x4 collage created  in 2008

I have been having  SO much fun spreading my wings and flying head on into the most populated place on this beautiful earth....The Internet.  Holy Moly...to me.... a newbie....it's like a crazy overcrowded city. Add my inability to focus, and my easily distracted muse to the equation and you have the equivalent of a puppy in the toy aisle at PetSmart for the first time.  Each click of my mouse has me changing direction, changing my mind, going in circles.
Along the way I have met the most wonderful people.
And since they are not literally bumping into me on the street.....I will stay.                
I can handle this type of crowded street.

So here you are,  you have met the last person on the face of the earth to enter the web.
Yep....that's me.
It's all quite a bit intimidating. But at least I can close my laptop....... and instantly I am back home.


Relaxing in the field behind my woodland home.


 Whether you love the city or county or both. Have a great weekend !

14 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Marianne, Glad to have found you via your visit to me! I know what you mean, lol. Stop by my art blog too if you'd like~ Hope you have a great weekend!!
~ Theresa

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Universe! It's so nice to have you here. Your blog is beautiful and it is so wonderful that you help old dogs. I am in the sketchbook project too. I don't have a blog but you can find me on fb.

Rebecca

Suzanne said...

Wow, what a beautiful view from your home.

leslie said...

Aw, are those some of your new charges?

And welcome to my world! There's a lot of good stuff out there!

soraya nulliah said...

Dear Marianne-that is so wonderful that you provide a sanctuary for these old dogs-your heart is big and wide and deep. How did you enjoy Flying Lessons? I think it's been amazing for so many of us-I see all the changes already. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog-I think you are VERY articulate. Big hugs to you and the dogs xxx It looks so peaceful where you are-wide open spaces that make the heart sing, the spirit breathe.

soraya nulliah said...

P.S. I know totally what you mean-I am not very tech savvy myself!! I set up my blog over 2 years ago and only wrote my first post at the start of this year!! Now I am setting up my own website (via Squarespace!!!) Yikes!

soraya nulliah said...

Uh oh-I wrote another comment before the one above but...did it get lost in cyberspace somewhere??!!

Lessons Learned said...

Marianne - I love your post above and how you compared wandering through the internet to a puppy in the aisle of Petsmart. gave me a chuckle. And of my goodness that Sketchbook project on the side of your blog, I may have to do that with you. It looks like SO much fun. It was a busy week for me, so I am just catching up on the blog world. Keep at it, you're doin' great!
:) sydney

Carol @ A Bird in Hand said...

Marianne - I completely know what you mean. All this techy stuff gets a little overwhelming sometime. I like that I can still stick my toe in the water, but retreat when I need to be back in my own little place. But in sticking my neck out....I've met some wonderful people....like you!! Enjoy a peaceful day...Carol

kelly@thebluemuse said...

I know what you mean, I call it getting lost down the rabbit hole...it all starts to make more sense after a while, and then it just takes discipline to not stay down there all day long...

Anonymous said...

Well Hello! It's been awhile I know but I see you are doing fantastic! I may have to check out the sketchbook project & join you. I will see you again soon, I love coming to visit you:)

Anonymous said...

Tit for tat...Writing is where it's at :)

Nigel said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere, netiverse or whatever the latest name for it is. Personally I'll stick with t'internet.

Thanks for the lovely comments - I'd forgotten about the memories project lol

Sandy said...

You have the most wonderful refreshing wit and it is a delight to read your posts!