I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Inspired by Autumn


Another project for Creative Swaps is in the mail to our hostess Lenna. This time we had 30 participants and the project was to share a background technique on a tag and envelope. Lenna will send ten different tags in envelopes back.
I chose a simple but fun technique using  Adirondack ColorWash Spray inks ( yes ....Tim Holtz/Ranger )  The technique really doesn't require much of a tutorial.   Just point and spray.  The colors all play well together  and they dry quickly. The only problem I have with the spray inks is that they tend to leak a bit around the top of the bottle.  I keep a paper towel nearby to catch wayward drips. 


after they dried I used a background script rubber stamp to add more texture.


I used chipboard letters as a mask on the envelopes before spraying with the darker colors.




Then , because I felt that the  technique wasn't challenging enough ..... or good enough for the swap.
(  why do I always second guess myself?  )
 I chose to do a crackle background using a 2 step crackle process as a bonus on the flip-side of the tag

I used Alene's Fragile Crackle.  I chose to crackle printed pattern paper. I like how the crackle adds an antique look. The mediums are applied with a brush and using strokes in one direction only. The thicker the medium the larger the crackles. This technique involves two steps in which you need to allow step one dry before applying step two. Then you need to allow step two to dry before applying mica powders or ink to define the cracks. So this side took a whole day to do.  Fortunately for me I finished in time and wooshed them off to our hostess.  Lenna is a wonderful swap hostess. Hopefully she has another swap idea up her sleeve. I feel like I could fit one more in before the holidays.

Have a Great Day !
Marianne

5 comments:

sonyamacdesigns said...

Man, these are beautiful and a done back is so much more of a two D piece ... WOP ... yay ... (work on paper)

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Oh, how pretty!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

great photos AND wonderful tags and envelopes, i like them all soooo much! They did not arrive today Marianne, but I think they will be in my mailbox tomorrow. thank you!

joy said...

Marianne, your tags/envelopes are wonderful! And, I love the technique(s) you have used. Just because they are simple doesn't make them less effective. Hope one of yours is in my book!!!

Joan B said...

wow, this technique is gorgeous. what beautiful tags.

ps. I pre schedule my posts and stay up half the night!