I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Art Funk

Some days I have so many ideas I can't seem to get around to all of them and other days it seems i haven't got a creative bone in my body.
Maybe it's the heat.
I don't know but whatever it is it had better leave soon.
I don't feel like myself and I have thoughts of dumping all of my art supplies into a huge dumpster and having it hauled away. have you ever felt that way?  
Maybe it's because I have so many different interests , I can't focus on one thing.
perhaps I should narrow my choices.
What if I packed up everything and put it in storage for a year.
Then go get only the things I need to work on one project at a time?

hmmmmm....

No

i don't think that would ever work.

So while I don't have any real plans or projects to share today.
I have been staring at these backgrounds

I still  have no idea where I am going with them.

But having paint on my fingers is at least going in the right direction.




what do you do when you are in a non-creative funk?



One thing I like to do is visit my artsy friends to see what they're up to.
Come on....Let's go to Paint Party Friday to have a margarita and see what everyone else is up to.

Thanks for listening.
                                                            

12 comments:

Okami said...

I know exactly how you feel - so many things I want to do, so many things I should do - something always suffers

Love those backgrounds - how is Shadie's leg??

I wish that I could handle so many dogs, but 2 is enough for us - can't imagine being without them.

Skritches to the pack

Anonymous said...

beautiful art and beautiful dogs,,

EVA said...

looking forward to seeing where the paint of your hands eventually takes you!

Anonymous said...

lol - like you were reading my mind - I have actually donated most of my paints to an artist/teacher friend - I often wish I could just take the image from my brain and have it magically appear in suitable medium by twitching my nose like Bewitched :)
Stay inspired!
Michelle
Brain Angles - Invisible Ink

Heather Foust said...

You know my daughter was saying the same thing to me yesterday! She is summer vacation mode. It will come back don't worry!! It always will! These backgrouds are great!

JDConwell said...

Oh I completely know where you're coming from. Some days I want to chuck it all and give up. It's usually too many things pulling me in too many directions...and guilt (you SHOULD be doing THIS instead!) seems to stall the creative mojo.

So I get outside, pull weeds, water trees, and just see what nature's up to.

I love the bright red on yellow...that pattern is one we use in drafting to show earth cut away in a cross-section. Interesting.

Crystal said...

Love the texture in this one! :-)

SHERI COOK said...

I think a lot of us suffer that curse. We want to create in every medium and then we freeze up and don't create at all. You are NOT alone. Like you, visiting the other artists here sure fires up the inspiration.
Your work this week is wonderful! Love that design you have added for texture and interest. HAPPY PPF!

Annabelle said...

Not to fret...I find myself in the same place many times over. Life sometimes makes it hard for me to concentrate on my art work but eventually the muse comes back. Your textured art pieces are lovely, just sit back enjoy PPF and I'm sure something will trigger inspiration.


Annabelle : )

Unknown said...

First........... what absolutely beautiful dogs all are beautiful summer (Akita) oh how lucky you are to be able to have so many dogs and all are just lovely.

I have never felt like throwing all my stuff away (it all cost far too much lol) But I to understand that feeling. I think we all do. BUT don't give up look through magazines books blogs and best for me out doors. All will return soon, and why pick one art form? I do lots of things and enjoy them all. just means I do tag one day and journal pages another ;0) Dxx

carlarey said...

Paint on the fingers is a very good start. Love all these backgrounds, surely they will inspire you.

Geckostone said...

Wow for non creative funk you sure are creative!!! I love the colors and lines, fantastic!! I know what ya mean about having too many interests and not having time to do them all!!! I have such insomnia because theres so many ideas running around in my brain of stuff to make, but never the time to make it all!!!Happy PPF late, takes me the whole week to party!lol!