I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Do you miss this trend?

I enjoy participating in group projects.
 Many of those were making Chunky Books.
I don't see many Chunky Book projects anymore.

This was where each player made several identical pages, usually 4"x4", one for each player.
The pages were then mailed to the hostess ( or host ), who collated and bound them, and mailed each book back to the players. 
 Is that clear as mud?

I do miss Chunky Books and wonder if anyone is still hosting Chunky projects.
This is one of the pages I had made for Creative Cards Swaps in 2007. The subject was "Whimsy"  The hostess was Sweet Pea and.... I can't for the life of me remember her real name.... sorry....   I think it was Kathy.

I started with an idea and a sketch.



            Stamping swirls on the corners and smudging the edges with gold paint





I stamped the clear bottle on acetate with Staz-On ink.
When it was completely dry I cut out all the bottles.



The fairy was a rub-on purchased at Recollections in Columbia MD.
All of the Recollection stores have closed.
 I do miss them, but my pocket book is happy that they are gone.  
 I left off her foot so she would fit into the bottle.  
 Little details like this are important you know.



Here we have all the pieces in place. All that's left is to add the bottle.
 I did that with glue along the edges.
Than add the lady standing outside the bottle, another rub-on.



Here we have 33 pages all set to go.

Working in stages , the process really doesn't take long at all.

A bow and a tag and off they go in the mail.

(see how the fairy's foot would have been a problem if I had left it on)

In return I received a book with 22 pages....hhmmmmm.....
I wonder what happened to the other ten players.
This was often a problem with group projects.
 Some people would drop out without notice.
 I must admit I have had to drop out of one or two myself...
It happens.


Here is the finished book with my page .


Do crafty types still make these Chunky Books?

If anyone would like to participate in a Chunky Book project I would be happy to host one.
Let me know by leaving a comment and if there are at least 20 of you, I'll set it up.




3 comments:

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Yes,it's time for another chunky book! I'm in!

Lisa - papergrace said...

Okay, that's COOL!!! But mass production freaks me out in the biggest way, so I'd have to think about it...or coerced. I really like it, though. :) And your page is stunning.

Cliptix said...

I have never done a chunky book. It looks interesting. I do mass production with my stamping group and now its the only way I do cards.