I love how our lives are woven together.
.

butterfly box step by step / WOYWW #112


I've been away for a while but now I am back. And what better way to come back than to join in with Julia's WOYWW
(what's on your workdesk wednesday )

I have a project that I have been working on sporadically since January
and
It's finally  ( almost)   finish !

I started working on this  while on vacation
and while cleaning my craft room yesterday I found, it and decided it was time to finish it.
So instead of clearing out old magazines and folding new fabric...
I picked up my little box and started to play.

Who needs clearing and folding anyway?


So to recap
In January I found a cute box
added a layer of glue and paint
more paint around the edges


I used paper and paint tio line the inside

Found a beautiful piece of paper to cover the front

I chose to use the butterfly portion
covered with a few layers of paint and ink

I used ink and colored pencil to "age" the edges
more pencil to add definition and shadow
now on to embellishment.

well.....I said I was ALMOST finished

I need to finish this by mid August because I have special plans for it.
shhhhh....it's a secret

Thanks for stopping by.
If you didn't come from Julia's WOYWW Link party.
Go there now to see all of the other contributors work spaces.


12 comments:

Julie (O-kami) said...

This is lovely!! Thanks for the tutorial (will it be part of the giveaway? ;-))

Marianne said...

Julie....ssshhhhhh....
it's a secret.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That is a beautiful box - the recipient of that will be very happy! xx

Gita said...

What a great job on this box. Looks beautiful.

Neil said...

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your desk this week! I'm dashing around this week like the white rabbit; places to go and things to see! Hope you have a lovely week.This is a fab project!

Inspired by you said...

You are so creative and talented. I've jumped around your different blogs. That is quite a craft room! Thanks for checking out my box revamp and little paper roses.

JoZart said...

So glad you finished your box and shared it. It's lovely!
joZarty x

Lavinia said...

Wow what an amazing box you have altered! I love it, the colours you have used & stamps are beautiful! You do some really lovely work on here! And as for craft rooms, well I have never seen as much stash! Wonderful! I would love to work in there! have a great week!
Lavinia
x

Jehanne's doodles said...

Oh Wow! this is looking fantastic!!

505whimsygirl said...

Oooolaaaalaaaa! Love this box. Thanks for sharing how you made it. I signed up as a follower today.
Also, love that you watch over the dogs that need a little extra help. RuffHaven - love the name.

Hugs,
Kay

The Crafty Elf said...

What a beautiful box! I was just looking at some galvanized pails to paint and now you've inspired me to get on it! Grab the button on my blog Marianne you've earned it and display it proud! You caused me to spend some money so "I blame you" and that's a good thing! Share the button with all who inspire you to spend money on the things we love to do.

Sherry said...

Your box is fabulous! Love seeing the step by step piccies too. That must have been so much nicer than sorting out your room!

Welcome back btw!