I love how our lives are woven together.
.

a pretty plate and a soft palette



Sunny is hosting a Stay at Home Round Robin
 I started mine off with a Dresden Plate center.
After alot of thought I decided to make it with
 a plain edge instead of scallops or points.
This way I can add lace to the edge and add to the
 soft shabby feel I am going for .

 The plate is made up of twenty different fabric wedges sewn into groups of five



 Then all four sections are sewn together to form the plate





 I folded the background fabric to mark the centers to help line up the plate evenly.





Next step...
trim the background square down to 16" and add lace to the edge of the plate
and I need to change the center
It needs to be a softer pink

Sunny has posted our "assignment"  for the next round....
a 3 inch  border using triangles.
We can make any type of border we want but it must incorporate triangles.
I love this. The triangles will add a nice contrast to the circle.
We have a month to work on it. 
 Which is good because I seem to have started a few too
many projects this past week ....I'll probably need a month to get back to this one.

since this is still a small blog I am linking to Lily's Small Blog Meet
Small Blog Meet


Thanks for stopping by
Marianne

No comments: