I love how our lives are woven together.
.

for the love of scraps ( SOS # 101 )



Last week I made a quilt. One of the things I do when I make a quilt is fiddle around with the scraps. But this time I didn't have time for fiddling. I was up against a deadline.  But when I was finished those scraps were calling my name.    I played around with them thinking I would make a mug rug or a small purse. I couldn't decide so I set them aside .....I did not put them away.....I just set them aside.

Then an idea came to me in the form of one of my favorite challenges. The gals at "Shopping our Stash" asked us to make something using scraps.
                            Were they reading my mind?   
                                                             
                                              How did they know?
 
So I was off and running with my decision to make a card with my scraps.

The Salvage edge of quilt fabric always has the name of the line atnd he designer etc...on it.
So of course I wanted to use the "love lives here" words on my card.





Lots of layering and fussy cutting
and
lots of fabric glue too.



And those who know me know that I usually carry the design to the inside of my cards too.
I am going to have to make a matching envelope too. This card measures 8"x 6".
I saved a flower and a few snippets for an envelope.




I had a lot of fun playing with Shopping our Stash
If you have time you can run by for a visit.



5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Awesome use of fabric on a not-A2 card. :D

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash, and thanks for the shout-out!

Pamela said...

It's so creative and beautiful - the kind of card art that someone would want to frame or keep on their bulletin board forever. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cool idea to use that fabric. I'm going to have to break down and buy a length of it. I love it so much!

jacqueline said...

This is such a cool idea!! I love using scraps!! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a beautiful weekend and love to you!

Sandra Kaye said...

Your card is just to sweet..thanks for showing us:):) hugs