I love how our lives are woven together.
.

SOS #99 - All About Numbers

 The Shopping our Stash assignment this week is to use numbers in our art. I have been lax in my effort to use my paper crafting supplies lately so I decided Shopping Our Stash would be the perfect way to get my butt in gear.   I used  one of my favorite  quotes and I chose it because Kathleen, one of the wonderful women I met at the library mentioned it last night while we were knitting. I used SU numbers on my collage so it would qualify for this challenge. I thought today's date, would be perfect numbers for this piece.   I am not quite sure this collage is finished. It might be one of those pieces I set aside for now and go back to it in a few weeks. I love the lizard don't you?





paper collage, and a few stamps

stamped on rice paper

torn apart

the varnish makes the rice paper transparent

in progress

all the rice paper has been varnished

almost finished

The woman who works with her hands is a laborer
the woman who works with her hands and head is a craftswoman
the woman who works with her hands her head and her heart
is an 
ARTIST
St. Francis of Assisi


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marianne...I just love your collage! What a beautiful expression of this lovely quote. You, as an artist, embody what St. Anthony was trying to say! I love how you paired the papers/images together. So very creative and the lizard really makes the piece pop. Thanks for sharing!

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, my, this is gorgeous. I need to play with my rice paper and varnish.

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥! this is AMAZING! what a great quote, perfect use of the numeral stamps and a wonderful collage all round! and *YES*! i looooooooooove the lizzard! thank you for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Marianne,

This is very cool! I didn't know rice paper would become transparent. Love the colors that you've chosen to use on this project.

What a great quote to end the post with!

Peace,
Kay

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the idea of coming back to it in a few weeks - some projects take time to tell you what else they need. Love that quote too - and the lizard :) So glad you came to play with us at Shopping our Stash!!

Quiltsmiles said...

Love the sentiments on your project, very nince! Jane