I love how our lives are woven together.
.

WOYWW #204


Happy WOYWW !   Time to hop skip and jump around the globe to visit our friends and snoop around on their workdesks.  This is what my "workspace" looked like this morning.
                      I needed to sort my yarn stash and my dining room table was just the right size.




  These weeks are flying by so fast. It's hard to believe we are in May!
Here's an update on last week's scarves.
The purple one (above) in the bowl and still in progress.
The green one has a home with my daughter. It took a week for me to track her down so I could get this photo.
The pink one is ready to go to the pink scarf project.



 RecentlyI  was introduced to a group of wonderful women who knit at a local library once a month. I enjoy their company very much and look forward to our time together. I am usually a solitary type and it feels great connecting with other crafty women. This is somewhat of a challenge for me. I normally like to spend time alone.
 But this year has me reaching out for "in real life" friends.
I think I found a few in this group.

moving on to the pottery......
Yes you read that right. As if I don't have enough hobbies. But I can explain.

See that bowl up there in that first photo? The one with the purple scarf in it.
 It is pretty and functional but. ....
 I have been searching for yarn bowls and I haven't found one I like yet.

All that yarn needs a place to live in my craft room and I love the way yarn looks in bowls. So I decided to make my own.This meant I had to find a place where I could make them.  There is a Pottery Studio in easy driving distance so I enrolled in a beginners course.     
 I had thrown pottery before.....
a long long long time ago.
It seems the skills have memory and in no time at all I was able to make these  




So on Wednesday Mornings this will be my workspace for the rest of the summer.




For my new readers :
WOYWW is a link party where participants let each other know what they are working on each week. It started four years ago and beleive it or not it is still going strong. It is one of my favorite link ups.
Now run along and visit Julia to find the list of participants this week.
Click on this link and have a great "nosey" as some of the irls say.
                                        WOYWW #204





Thanks for stopping by!
Marianne

9 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

wow! i can't wait to see what your yarn looks like in your handmade bowls, so fun! i've always wanted to try throwing pottery

Anna said...

OH...love all the beautiful colorful yarns and your scarves are fantastic!
Have fun with your pottery and making your yarn bowls. It's always been something I wanted to learn, but there hasn't really been a place nearby to take lessons.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little blog!
Anna #149

dix said...

Wow! You are so multi talented! Some day I hope to take a pottery class. It's something I've always wanted to do! Can't wait to see all your fine bowls.And by the way, all that colorful yarn sure looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. dix---

Fran said...

Lovely pottery. I loved the pottery classes that I took in college. Enjoyed your blog.

shazsilverwolf said...

Your yarn work is awesome, and the pottery looks to be so much fun. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #80 xx

Unknown said...

Love all that yarn. Your pottery looks great. Can't wait to see it finished. Happy crafting #10

Sandra Kaye said...

WOW...I love your bowls...awesome!!!

April said...

Your bowls are lovely and I am sure your yarn will look great in them. April #122

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I'm glad you enjoy the link-up, we enjoy your participation! Look at your yarn collection, it's scrumptious! I would really like to spend Wednesday morning s with you at the pottery...am so glad your skills were just waiting for you, how marvellous!