I love how our lives are woven together.
.

SOS # 114 - Woodgrain


Hello again.

Just a quick post to share the card I made this week for the Shopping Our Stash challenge blog. This week we were asked to use wood grain or a beautiful color combination of soft aqua blue and a sea green. I chose wood grain. I used paper from Graphic 45 (2008) and Cosmo Cricket (2007) as well as some Tim Holtz rub-ons and embellishments. I used Timber Brown Staz-On to distress the edges.   I finished just in time to post as tonight is the deadline to link up.
 I whipped this card up in 35 minutes.....not bad.
 I work well under pressure.
This card is a sort of tri-fold. 
The maroon burlap and paperclip thingy holds it closed

I even managed to get a few "in progress" shots






inside


Sorry for the quickie post and un-editted photos.  
I am in a bit of a hurry here.
The lifeguard is on his way home and we are going to go walk the doggies.


 Hop on over to the Shopping Our Stash blog and see what everyone else has shared this week.

See you tomorrow for Tuesday Tea.

Marianne


6 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

35 minutes? and step by step photos? i never remember to take step by step photos, even when i mean to

love this card...except it's more than a card, it's art

Wendy G. said...

You made that card in 35 minutes! Good grief, Charlie Brown! I am stunned!

Leslie Hanna said...

YOU made ANYTHING in 35 minutes?!?!?! YOU, who take 45 min to do a 5-min Make & Take?!?!? I LOVE this. I am most intrigued by the use of burlap. Colored burlap. Now I need colored burlap. Yep, that's what I've been missing all my life.

Oh, and thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

D said...

Beautiful card! I really like the old fashion car. That is awesome that you did it in 35 minutes too :)

lauren bergold said...

holy ♥WOW♥!!! this would be a masterpiece if made in 35 HOURS; i cannot even conceive of having made ANYTHING half so astonishing in 35 minutes! unless there was a wand involved?! which seems likely... :) :) :) BEYOND awesome, and i love, love, LOVE the "in process" photos! love EVRYTHING about this, actually! yowza!!! ♥

Jessi Fogan said...

Me too I love it! Paper weaving is such an amazing textural touch - my versions generally involve cursing & ripped paper, lol. Love the colours, the detail, the completely unique clasp....all of it is totally fabulous! Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Shopping our Stash this week!