I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Tuesday, Tea and a Butterfly Tattoo

 Good Morning Tuesday

Every Tuesday bloggers are gathering and linking with 
Elizabeth with whatever is in their cup.
The rules are simple.
Share a drink and share whatever else you want.
Tea is not required.

I have been working on a quilt as a part of a huge blog hop so 
I thought I would show you a sneak peek.

The Tea

Tazo  Sweet Cinnamon Spice

The Mug

nothing special
 old old old from Target 



The Art


you can read about it here
see the butterfly tattoo on her wing?

I need to add binding.
 I was going to bind it with blue but changed my mind.
 It needs to be black or a very dark brown. 

I hope your day is sunny and bright and the rest of the week as well.

Marianne

13 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

What a fabulous quilt, just love that owl with her tat! I agree... dark brown binding would just set the whole thing off beautifully.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As someone who makes art quilts, I had to really appreciate your attention to detail and how well the pieces, especially the hexagons, fit together. Your choice of fabric was brilliant, too. I truly enjoyed seeing this quilt and the way you presented it. The build up using the tea and the tag was awesome.

Thanks for sharing this lovely quilt, and have an awesome T today, too.

roffeycreations said...

Fabulous quilt - owls are so 'soothing" I think... agree dark brown binding would look great too - have a great week...Mxx

Spyder said...

I love the owl, my daughter's into owls and has everything OWL for baby Niamh! Happy T for Tuesday!
((Lyn))

Darla said...

The quilt is beautiful, the owl image is so well executed.

Darla

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Your quilt is stunning, and I enjoyed reading the previous post about your process. I am not a big fan of hexagons either. This is going to be a beautiful heirloom!

Tracey Holdyk said...

that quilt is beautiful, I love it.

Halle said...

Gorgeous quilt! The colors are fantastic. The butterfly tat is cute and unexpected. Love it!
Happy Tuesday!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Wonderful owl and I love the hexie background. You should have joined the hexie blog hop and shown this great quilt.

Divers and Sundry said...

ooo, a tazo tea :) sweet cinnamon spice sounds right down my alley.

Krisha said...

Happy T Day, what a fabulous quilt. Owls are so popular right now. Something I always wanted to learn, but just never took the time.

dawn said...

WOW!! What a beautiful quilt, love the colors and sweet owl. How fun to have a tattoo on it, so cute!

Hope to learn quilting one day, not sure I'd have patience for it but sure love seeing them.

Thanks for letting me know about the flowers on my blog. I had no idea they were thistles. Still growing like crazy but for now they are pretty.

Have a great Tuesday!

Denise Price said...

Your quilt is magical! I especially like how you made the owl's eyes.

Happy T day!