I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Tuesday, Tea and Dangle Tangles

 
Good Morning Tuesday. 
Last Tuesday I slept in.     Today I am up at 4 am.
???
Dutch can't sleep...so I can't sleep.
the bright side?
I can get a jump on Elizabeth's Tuesday link up.

A few weeks ago I received a
box of ephemera in the mail.
Yes, I know I just muddled through a BIG Purge,
and have no business taking in more stuff
...but hey...new old stuff is always fun.
right?

One of the pages in the box was this ad from 1967.


 Do you remember Avocado Green?

We had both Avocado Green and Harvest Gold in our kitchen. I guess my mother couldn't make up her mind. But that's ok,because the wall paper  in the kitchen had both colors in it. Everything matched.   Life was Good.

Anyway.
I decided the hip chick in the ad needed a new enviroment.
One that would compliment her modern vibe.
so
I cut her out

and sifted through the options.
I decided I didn't want anything to clash with her avocado attire.
Black and White was needed.
a doodle
Yes  !
 But I know from experience my doodles can eat up a lot of time.
I needed a quick fix.
I turned to Dangle Tangles.

The Art


Yes. Yet another term to "classify" age old doodling.
But I do kind of like the name, . . .
and the idea of the tangles dangling from the top of the page. 
If you want to know more about them
I provided a link to a video at the bottom of this post.

 The Tea
So what was in my mug this morning?
Good old Lipton Tea
one packet of Splenda
1 oz. of milk

The Mug 
Nothing special.
I picked it up at Safeway.
I like the color.



Here's a video of Joanne Fink demonstrating Dangle Tangles

 
 T stands for TuesdayT stands for Tuesday is a new weekly blog link up party 
hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth
<-----   click on this link to find out more.
       

Hope your day is Bold and Colorful !
Marianne

19 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Oh what a good choice of colour that mug was with your retro lady! LOL.. I had some of those hipster striped jeans!! It was about the same time that my Mother had an avocado bathroom suite put in our bungalow... yikes!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got a laugh out of that avocado bath. And that mug was the perfect addition to the ad. Never had to experience anything avocado except the real deal with the pit in it (grin). My grandparents would probably not have liked the color. And I never had any of those jeans, either. Guess I'm a bit unhip, or don't remember the 70s.

What I DO like is the dangle tangle. Of course, I don't tangle, but I always appreciate doodles when I see them. Yours are fantastic and so clever, too. Color me (avocado) green with envy at how modern and upbeat this turned out.

Glad you woke early. You beat me this T Tuesday. Hope it's a really happy one.

Halle said...

Ah yes the colors of the 70's. I have electric fondue pots in both Harvest Gold and Avocado Green. Our first apartment had the gold kitchen.
Love what you did with the ad girl. The doodles are wonderful!!
Happy Tuesday!

dawn said...

Hello and Happy Tuesday! How fun to see something from this time, love those colors. My kitchen is a green and yellow, can't remember the actually colors but love it.
WOW, great dangle tangles you've made, love them and the girl with it. I doodle but haven't tangled, might have to try this. Thanks for sharing and have a good week!

Cazzy said...

An avocado mug, that was inspired! Yes we had an avocado bathroom, and purple large patterned paper in the master bedroom, and huge orange flower circles on the wallpaper in the hall going up the stairs, and in a Victorian house too!

Your lady ended up looking really good!

Happy T day and thanks for visiting!

Cazzy x

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to say, my kitchen is still in the 70's with the avacado green counters and dark stained cabinets. I hate it BUT I did oust the green stove and have added a stainless steel dishwasher so. . . that makes me avant guard hip, right? ;-)
I love the art work you clipped from that ad, she is super cool for her time and those PANTS, hello!! moving right in to todays resurgence of the 80's (god help us) trend.
Dangles are super fun, I love adding them to pages for interest. Thanks for sharing your fantastic work and you green mug of tea.
Happy T day to you
~Dawn

Divers and Sundry said...

when we moved into this house there was a harvest gold stove with 2 ovens -one on top where you most often see a microwave these days and one in the usual spot. when it died, we found out it couldn't be repaired because they didn't make the needed part any more. they don't make anything similar any more. oh, how i miss that appliance!

your mug is the perfect fit for retro woman. couldn't be better if you had bought them as a set.

happy t tuesday :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Your hipster lady paired perfectly with these Dangle Tangles, which I had never heard of before. I never wore anything quite as flashy as this, but I cringe when I remember some of my outfits, LOL! Happy T Tuesday!

Wendy G. said...

You were doing this at 4:00 AM!!! I don't do anything more creative than turning over in bed at that hour! Great project.

~*~Patty S said...

Your doodles combined with that classic image turned out great!

I just came across an avocado green enamel platter that went under our first fondue pot...
the rest of that set of pots and pans is history :)

Thanks for sharing your artwork
Happy T Day to you
oxo

Denise Price said...

I love what you did with that 1960's girl. She looks a bit like British actress Karen Gillan, back when she had long hair, I think.

Yes, I remember avocado green. My parents used to have an avocado green plaid sofa, a harvest gold armchair, and burnt orange carpet in the living room. Actually, my mom still loves those colors. :)

Thanks for your T visit! Enjoy you cup of Lipton.

Spyder said...

I like your lady's new background, but she does look like she'd fit in anywhere, a moonscape or on Carnaby STreet, great idea... Happy T
(Lyn)

Darla said...

Your lady looks quite updated with those "dangle tangles" in the background. I'm going to skip off and view the video now.

Darla

Krisha said...

AAAH, yes! 1967 I do remember it well, about that time I had an avocado green bedroom cause it was the "IN" color!!1 LOL LOVE the dangle tangles and the name too.
Great Tuesday share, and thanks for the visit!

Rita said...

And coppertone brown!! Oh, yes!!

She is groovy and your mug matched her outfit. But what delighted me was the dangle-tangles!!!! OMG! I love those!! And they went perfectly with her...reminding me of the beads that hung in the doorways... ;)

roffeycreations said...

Hi Marianne - that fresh look for the old chic looks fab - and thanks for sharing dangle tangles... Happy T for Tuesday - Mxx #20

Leslie Hanna said...

I think I had Avocado and/or Harvest Gold in kitchens back in the day, but never in the bathroom. GAH!

I love the chica in her new home.

Nigel said...

Not sure about those trousers, but love the doodles :)

D said...

I need to learn how to doodle... I usually just scrap pics. Journalling is so much harder for me. Your journaling so rocks!