I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Laura Harms' zentangle challenge # 12

I have no idea how she comes up with all these great challenge ideas..... but I am so glad she does.   I have met some of the nicest people through this challenge. The support and camaraderie keep me coming back every week.
This week she is throwing us a color challenge.  - Something Blue
At first I thought -  wedding
Then I thought - sad.   ... and then I thought about my poor dog Ginger who we had to have put to sleep a few weeks ago
And then I noticed something.  I was thinking about "blue"  I was not approaching this as I would a normal Zentangle.
hhhhhmmmmmmm..........  interesting isn't it?
Just by thinking of a color it changed the whole process.
I am not quite sure I like this. It turns Zentangle into drawing and we all know drawing can be scary.

Since this is not a normal Zentangle it becomes a ZIA...Zentangle Inspired Art. And It doesn't need to be on an official Zentangle tile....which is good because I have run out of those.

So I doodled my blues on a blank coaster.
 And as I went along it became
 "Storm at Sea"



Don't look too closely, I could not find my watercolor pencils so I used my oil color pencils and they did not play well with the coaster.  I am going to work on this a bit more and submit another before the week ends.
For all my non zen paper pals....if you have not yet tried Zentangle or if you are new like me, you owe it to yourself to check out The Diva's blog and the official Zentangle site.

Oh and please  visit my main blog ... Life @ RuffHaven , and enter my HUGE  giveaway.
One of the prizes is especially for Zentangle enthusiasts.... and anyone who might want  some blank round coasters.     I don't want you to miss your opportunity to enter.
click here to go to the giveaway

Have a beautiful day !
Marianne

14 comments:

FordieZo said...

That's such a pretty zentangle, I particularly love the pattern you've used at the bottom which I haven't seen before.

i am the diva said...

oooh, i love those scrolls! i hope this challenge isn't TOO scary, it's not meant to be... also, sorry about your pup.

Julie (O-kami) said...

Gorgeous!! I generally try not to look at others before I've done my own, but that is really pretty.

Chelle (hanwayink) said...

so pretty! love how it turned out!

stART said...

Lovely! Very effective use of tangles to enhance the blue theme.

Claudia said...

I just love the combination of all the patterns together with the color blue. Those "scrolls" are just perfect.

Sande said...

Beautiful - and I like the round shape.

ptrish40 said...

This is gorgeous! The color is amazing and I love the wave/water tangle - it's so cool!

Shelly Beauch said...

Your scrolls are fabulous!

Erika said...

That is awesome! I had to laugh at your thought process in the beginning--I think it is why I have so much trouble with tangle/zentangle--I get so caught up in "rules" and thinking and not just letting go.

Sue Clark said...

Love your scrolls!

wolfhowlings said...

Wow! What a sense of movement. Outstanding!

Carole Ohl said...

Nice! I know what you mean about it being like a drawing. Somehow (in MY head), adding color puts it into the drawing realm, and then I tend to want to "do it right". But the cool part of the challenge was trying to get out of my box.

sandy petals said...

Really cool tile! I love the scrolling pattern at the bottom.