I love how our lives are woven together.
.

The Good Stuff Challenge

 Karla over at Karla's Cottage asked us to dig into our treasures and pull out the good stuff.....you know, the stuff that is just too good to use so we hold on to it ......sometimes for years.

That's what happened to these feathery floral pins. I took a class in Florida at Oblique, a Rubber Stamp store, that is no longer with us.  We made all sorts of wispy frilly things. I really miss that store and Betsy, the owner. And all the snowbird paper artists who would gather there on rainy days.

Anyway, I have had two of these  these floral bunches for years. Carefully moving them from place to place, being so careful  so I would not flatten them under piles of stuff.

When Karla offered the challenge I knew exactly what I would use.

I had a gift card box....because I save everything.
So after layering on some pretty papers that were also too preety to use, I added the flower and .....well......
I'll allow the photos to tell the rest of the story.













Now I won't keep you because I know you have so many places to visit with this Link Party.
Hopon over to Karla's Cottage to see the beautiful collages she made.  She used her good stuff .....but if you ask me I think all of Karla's stuff is good stuff.....

Marianne
Thanks for stopping by and remember to come back on
March 7th ( usa- est ) to enter my "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" giveaway.

25 comments:

Angie said...

I thought I was the only one who hoarded my "good stuff!" You created something beautiful and I love all the elements you added. The paper you used is so pretty!

Okami said...

Beautiful

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a transformation! Thanks for joining in to show your good stuff.

Vicki said...

I love this transformation. Just gorgeous. Your dogs are adorable.

Anonymous said...

This is great! What a pretty way to re-purpose.
Celeste, The Victorian Tailor, (Good Stuff on blog list)

fairyrocks said...

OH my GOSH, you made that flower!!!
Magnificent, how clever of you to now be able to display it!!
Keep smilng and creating

Ginger said...

What a wonderful gift inside a gift you created. The box with the beautiful flower is out of this world. Love it.
Ginger (like your puppy)

arts4all said...

Like clothes we save for a 'best' than seldom comes..... Thanks so much for sharing your lovely use of precious treasures ;-0

Unknown said...

Oh is this ever beautiful!! I LOVE millinery :) You did an amazing job! Love all of the details :)
Hugs,
Amy

stART said...

Truly beautiful! And what a fabulous challenge - I can so TOTALLY relate!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous treasure box! Love all the way you combined all of the "good stuff"!

Recycled Rita said...

That came out gorgeous! I love that wispy flower! karen....

Jeanie said...

This is simply stunning. This is absolutely gorgeous in every single way. I must come back and read this once again.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Oh my goodness...This is beautiful! Love your blog. I am your newest follower.

Danielle

Lena said...

Oh, I know just what you mean about Karla's "good stuff". She has the best.

I like the way that you've chosen to use some of your treasures.

Thank you for participating in the challenge.

Lena

Kristen Pare said...

This is awesome! I love the technique you used--please share if you can. I love the mix of the millinery also. Lovely!

kluless said...

This is just stunning. I think those flowers and papers had been waiting for just this project. Lovely!!

Suz said...

That is so beautiful! You really put your good stuff to good use on this one. What fun!
Fondly,
Suz

Something Special said...

Very artsy, and you used something that most artists would never think of transforming. Great job, it is beautiful!

Carola Bartz said...

Gosh Marianne, the transformation is stunning! This is so beautiful, and I love the colors! Wonderful.

Judy said...

Absolutely love that rose corsage! The feathers make it so wispy and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Holly Moore said...

Wow is that ever cool. What a beautiful final result! Using the good stuff makes all the difference huh?

Laurie said...

Wow! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazingly beautiful!!!

Annette said...

Oh, I just gasped more with each picture! You sure put your good stuff to good use!!