I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Text Me ( jb09 )

copied from the jingle belles blog :

This week's Jingle Belle holiday card prompt is ... Text Me.

We're asking that you incorporate text into your holiday creations ...

 it could be a book page, Christmas carol lyrics, a poem, or even a card that features a sentiment as the main focal point of the design.   "

I almost forgot to add my card to the pot over at jingle belles.  Just a quick post today as it is beautiful outside and I have a lot of twigs and branches to clear out....I saw my daffodils popping their tiny leaves out so I need to be quick here.
 I found a great page in one of my gardening books and took a photo of it to use as the background on this card







So it's beginning to look a lot like Spring so why am I posting a Holiday Card?
go visit jingle belles to find out

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Niiiice! And no books gave their lives for your art! (this time) :)

WV: fumpa

A not-so-well-known character in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, cousin to the umpa-loompas.

stART said...

Faboo! I love the artwork.

Lisa said...

that is such a creative take on the prompt - love that you took a photo of the holly entry of a gardening page! great distressing.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh...MISS MARIANNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have stunned me with your clever take on this prompt AND i ♥ADORE♥ your card! (plus it's very cool to use your "real" books and just photocopy them...very smart renewable resource there!) :)

Lorraine said...

What a great idea to use a gardening book. I'm going to have to remember that. Wonderful card.

SmilynStef said...

Photographing text pages ... isn't that the most clever idea ever (she says as she plans to steal it for future creations ... I'm thinking I could even photograph library books ... seriously, so many possibilities) ... and I love the wrinkly, distressed, wonderfulness of your holiday design ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

Rosemary said...

This is beautiful, original and very cool! I love that you used hollies for the background, so clever!