I love how our lives are woven together.
.

dresden plate update

I wasn't sure if I wanted a thin or a wide lace,
so I put the two different laces next to the plate
 and then just thought about it for a day or so.

I decided on the thin. I can use the thick one later on in the project.
 I also changed the center to a soft pink and I stuffed it with two layers of batting.
Maybe it needs some french knots.


here is the edge with the stitching added


edited to add:  no I did not make the lace....I bought it at JoAnn's
 and the final block


now I can concentrate on the next step.

There is still time to join this round robin....
since it stays home and doesn't travel it is easy to jump in at any time
We've only done the center block and the next round is "due" by the end of September.
You get simple assignments and the design is up to you.
Visit Sunny for more info.


Have a fun and safe Labor Day !
Marianne






2 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Absolutely Beautiful!
Deb

Mary Dawn said...

i'm so envious! i have never had the patience or temperament for handwork, can't even crochet