I love how our lives are woven together.
.

promises --- a real day in my life

THE DOORS

It was Sunday morning.
Lifeguard  said
 " You sleep in today, I'll walk the dogs"
I mumbled
"aww... thank you...you're so sweet"

I rolled over and swiftly fell back to sleep, just in time to jump back into
 the dream I was enjoying before the dogs thundered onto the bed.

I woke up again at 9:30
I must have been tired to have slept that long. 
I thought it would be a great day to just work on some projects that 
somehow piled up on my dining room table.

I finished up the center square of a Round Robin Quilt.


I wrote a post about it on my SewRuffHaven.
I also posted my pics in the Flickr Group.

I took a gazzillion photos of Goldie.
Her leg is healing nicely, but she is still so upset
 because she is not allowed to chase the squirrels.



I tweeted about Goldie....yes I tweet.
 Surprised?   I don't promote myself on Twitter,
but I do use it to communicate with some online friends.
Not the intended use,
 I know, but it is a quick way to "talk" to all your friends at once.
Occasionally I will shout out that I have room for another dog.
and my blog posts are announced on twitter too.

I checked FaceBook....yeah, I am on there too. 
Not much, and I think I have about 30 friends...
  if you friend me and I " know" you... I'll accept
 ...But I really don't go looking for people.
I guess  am a bit on the edge of  "why am I on FB?"

so by now it is a little after noon
I walked the dogs down to the stream for some rejuvenating exercise.
Oh then I was ready for my nap.
I do take a 30 minute nap everyday.
The dogs taught me that a nap a day is very good for you.

When I woke up I had to finish a blog post
for a LaborDay Blog Hop over on  PaperPlay .


  I was starting to wonder what I would have for dinner,  
 happy, because my day is so pleasant and peaceful.

OH SHIT !

I promised Lifeguard I would paint the side door of the garage !
 Oh No...It's 4 f 'n :30 and I forgot about the door .
 Shit Shit Shit. huff .....
I should have done this in the morning...instead of sleeping in.
I bought the paint the day before and Lifeguard laughed and said something like 
" Only two days left to honor your promise to paint the door before the end of Summer"
I  replied in my best ' i'm right and you're wrong ' snotty voice,
 " Well Summer doesn't officially end until  September 23, 5:04 A.M., 
which is the minute before Autumn will begin" 

I puffed my chest out all proud of myself for having that
bit of knowledge stored in my cluttered brain.

But I did make a promise,
and in  Lifeguard's brain, Summer ends on LaborDay.....
so I gathered my supplies.
The butter knife is for opening the paint and the glass pan is for holding the paint.
...I was too lazy to go down to the basement to get the proper tools.
Plus I was in a bit of a hurry now
After about 1/2 hour of cleaning and painting .
 I was finished with the first coat.
when it dies it will match the other door perfectly.
and I only got a little bit of paint on one finger
With the first coat out of the way I could go back
 to organizing my pins on Pinterest.
* hangs head *
yes I am on there too...but in my defense  ...I only have 8 boards
Later that evening Lifeguard came home and smiled in approval

"Thank you for painting the doors" he said
"I'm sure your online friends missed you today"

HA!
I smiled....and thought to myself...
how long does he think it takes to paint a door?
Internetingly Yours,  
                                                        
Links to my 'homes' on the internet mentioned in this post
SewRuffHaven  *  PaperPlay  *  Twitter   *  FaceBook  *  Pinterest
I think I am on BlogFrog too and maybe BlogLovin' and a few others
   --- if you see me out there will you please let me know.... 


11 comments:

Mariam Kobras said...

I'm so glad I know you in person. You are such a force of nature, and so incredibly gifted. Being your friend is an honor.

Bonnie Belk said...

Ditto Mariam's comment. In addition to all she said, you crack me up! I have two pins on two boards on pinterest; I absolutely do not look for friends on FB but am glad to have them when there's some reason for them to be there - like being able to keep up with what Marianne is doing; I don't tweet; I don't even text; and I have TWO die-cut machines that I never use. And your painting tools look just fine to me!
Keep showing up wherever you land. I always love reading your stories.

sunny said...

Hilarious! Rember when wooden clog shoes were all the rage? I used one for my hammer, and a butter knife for a screwdriver. We women are much better than men at improvising. THey have to have all the proper tools to do a job. But wait, it it's for sewing, we have to have all the proper tools too! I guess it's all in our priorities. Glad I know you in real life. see you on thursday. Seriously, when are you combining your blogs??

Rebecca Lynne said...

You are my Hero! You got those doors good babe...

That is so a situation I'd have with the Mr. Tonight he came home to me making dinner (rare), with screaming children pulling at my heels (literally, no joke), the smoke alarm had just gone off...it was messy. Dinnerness on the table immediately after he changed into casual clothes - crepes with spinach no less. What did this buy me? No arguments when dinner was done and I said I'm going to sew...Priceless. Heh heh.

The Crafty Elf said...

OMG Marianne I was LMAO! That is exactly the way I talk, I thought I was the only one.....I know I'm not but that was really funny! Good for you keeping a promise and I do like how you managed it on your terms! Great painting tools too! Hey, whatever works, right?

Carola Bartz said...

Ha Marianne, I love this post. Too funny - but how good of you that you painted those doors. Oh, and I take a 20-30 minutes nap everyday as well - now in the summer usually in the hammock, with neighbor's cat by my side...

JDConwell said...

Your post cracked me up. I'm glad I'm not the only one to forget I promised to do something.

I'm on FB and Twitter too...FB only because if I wasn't there, I'd never hear from my kids all over the danged globe. Twitter? I'm not sure why I'm there.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Marianne,

Wow - you got a lot done!! Great on getting the doors painted! I have half of my outdoor fence painted and am still waiting for the motivation to finish. On the weekends I sometimes squeeze in a nap and love it. My dogs love it too - it's a napfest at my house!

Kay

The Crafty Elf said...

Man...I'm still laughing at this post - too funny! Anyways...I received my candy and have blogged about it. When you get some time have a look, it's a parade of craftiness. Thank you again Marianne - love it all!

Jenny said...

Heeeheee! You crack me up you!:)
I reckon you must have tallied up atleast one medal in record breaking... for quickest painting of doors, most innovative painting equipment AND for tiniest ammount of paint on self after painting excursion!
Such a brilliant post :) ThankYOU for making my day sunnier!
ps..I may have to have words with you for not using your journal though! hehe! xx

Heartfire At Home said...

Oh well done you! Getting those doors done was a real feat.... I would've wriggled out of it somehow probably - lol.

I'm on all those online places too, but barely there on FB, sometimes there on Twitter, and on Pinterest in bursts of inspiration that ebb and flow!

I've never, ever ended up with that little paint on me after painting despite my most extraordinary best efforts!

I'm also on Olioboard (big time waster for us interior design types, but lots of fun), and a few other similar sites that I've probably forgotten about by now!!

Oh, We Heart It and Vis.ualise Us as well.

Plus I try to have a real life, so most of the internet stuff apart from my blog is left derelict alot of the time. lol.

I really liked that you said the word SHIT several times!! Haha. I'm working up to being a little more 'earthy' on my blog... I say it in real life, so why not in cyberland!

And, Goldie is beautiful.

Linda. xox