I love how our lives are woven together.
.

JB 04 Pink and Green

Well it wouldn't be a challenge if it were easy now would it ?  As you know I am participating in Jingle Belles Rock challenge blog where we are given the task to create a Christmas card based on a new theme each week.  This week is a color challenge----- Dark Pink, Light Pink, and Lime Green.
huff   ....   not my colors at all

So I posted a comment saying I would bow out this week.

Well then I went to a Quilt Show and bought some batik fabric.....I brought it home and lookie !

I see pink and green !
So after tearing the house apart in search of other things to use in the card
 I found:
a green napkin
white ribbon
a pack of markers...including a few pink ones
I came up with this :


napkin + glue = green paper



ribbon, fabric + piece of shell = embellishment




Stamp ....MusicTree by Paper Bag Studio
Ink... Pallette


I really must stop whining when each new challenge is posted.

Have a great day !

14 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Oh my gosh,your card is stunning. It is so creative,just love it !!!!

Deb x

Jeanne said...

Oh wow your card is fabulous!! I love how you used found goodies!!
TFS!

Tracy said...

loving the bg you created and that cool flower!

Jess said...

Woohoo for you! Way to be creative and make it work. The card turned out lovely! Love that fun flower you made and thanks for showing how it was done.

lauren bergold said...

holy WOW! not just a ♥GORGEOUS♥ card... (which it well & truly is!!!) ...but a total triumph of clever & creative crafty improvisation! i especially looooooooove that textural overstamped background, which is utterly BRILLIANT. (...& it's made from a paper napkin...??!?!! and again i say, "wow!" ♥

Alli said...

Very funky!
LOVE it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, look at that background! way too cool!!!!
On top of that, that handmade flower, just amazing, thanks for sharing!!! : )

KatheD said...

totally awesomely creative - great card!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Ooooh, you did good! LOVE this!
(And it wouldn't be any fun if we couldn't whine first, now WOULD it?)

Lisa - papergrace said...

Marianne, Marianne, Marianne..... YOU ROCK!!!!

This is stunning!!!!! WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! Such a creative card and, holy smokes...it's GORGEOUS!!

You do know that if *I* tried that it would look like poo, right? :D

Awesome card for this challenge!! YAY!!!

Rosemary said...

I could have sworn I left a comment earlier, but I don't see it. Ah, the joys of forgetfulness!

What I wanted to say was that I'm so glad you did try the challenge out and that I love your card - it's vibrant and crisp in its style. I really enjoy seeing your work.

Lorraine said...

Well you have inspired me to try that background, it is just awesome. This is totally terrific in every way.

Dawn said...

I am soooooooooo using that flower technique! It looks super cool! I love your card!!

lisa said...

This is... um... DANGIT! I can't find a word for it! Because it is SO great! I love how you put the step by step additions down. Great touch! You are so super creative!