I love how our lives are woven together.
.

white sand, full moon, and ....tucker?

Last night after walking Shadie and Goldie. I went back to the beach. Here it is "against the law" to be out on the beach at night. But I took my chances. The full moon was calling me to come out and dig my toes into the white sugar sand. Being on the beach at night under the gentle glow of the moon my mind began to wander. Not to memories of romantic nights when my husband and I first started to visit this beach, not to dreaming of the future and what it may hold for me. No my mind wandered home...my mind wandered to thoughts of Tucker.


When we started the sanctuary we decided to take in old dogs and dogs with special needs. We already had several dogs that fit that mold. and old dogs make my heart melt when they are homeless. Old dogs should never be homeless. But that's a story for another post. This post is about Tucker.

Tucker is not an old dog. But he crept into my heart when he was 8 weeks old and mangy, losing his hair and skin in such horrible condition that he scratched furiously til he bled. He was indeed a dog with special needs.

With the help of our vet we nursed him back to health and today he is a fine young dog. And the only special need he has now is the need to be with us.

This morning when I read about A Beach Cottages'  Good Life Wednesday I thought about what I could share that portrayed a good life.
My thoughts went back to the full moon, the white sugar sand, Tucker, RuffHaven..... a very good life.
A good life becomes even better in the company of dogs....(and cats too....)

Enjoy  your good life!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw what a sweetie! And when i say this it comes from the heart! I'm not a dog person at all really. :)

Tara said...

OH, he's soooo sweet! I think the sentiment behind your post today is just lovely!

Leslie Hanna said...

I remember when he was shorter than a tulip! :)

Toni said...

Tucker is indeed a best friend! He really is a pretty dog!

I'm such a moon girl :) That is why I'm envious of you being in Florida with beach, waves and the moon.

Mail Art Dramas said...

I have adopted several dogs over the years. The two I have now are from a privite rescue. Families house the dogs until homes are found. Both my dogs came from the same household..a year apart. I took my cat to rabies clinic came home with a dog. The next year I went again and came home with a second dog. Thankfully there was not a clinic the next year!
I encourage people to rescue dogs over going to a breeder. There are so many awsome dogs looking for homes.
thinking the beach sounds good. We have about 6 inches of snow and it's around zero here today.
soak up some sun for me today!
jill

Carrie Schmitt said...

dogs are so amazing. there is just nothing like them. i'm so glad that these dogs have you. old dogs are very sweet and is heartbreaking when nobody wants them. i'm glad there are people like you out there to help!