I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Too much time on my hands

So what happens when a papercrafter finds herself with time on her hands?

She makes something.
  
Since I had not put away the supplies from the card I had made a few days ago..... (see previous post) I decided to make another.  I used the same supplies so I won't list them again.  Only this time I changed a few things.

And.........since I have a whole ton of time on my hands at the moment,  I decided to show you each step.


First I had to dismantle a few 3D embellishments.



I used those two parts and a balsa wood snowflake to make this:

I love the embellishments as they are, but sometimes I like to take them apart and rearrange the pieces. I also removed a layer of that pop up sticky stuff in order to be able to actually mail this card someday.


I set that aside and moved on to make the card. I layered the paper to a piece of cream card stock sponged the edges of the card base with  ink.   Both inside and outside.


Then I added crocheted lace and ....

one piece of gold trimmed ribbon.....

one piece of red ribbon....


and another piece of gold trimmed ribbon....

  


After that it gets pretty ordinary......
...........since the dogs were bugging me to go out for a walk.

 I added the snowflake and Seasons greetings and a bit off holly that I dissected from the 3D embellishments,  and scraps of the gold trimmed ribbon .    To get to this:

After the walk I played with the inside and came up with this:


Then just for grins I created a collage ......just because I had taken so many photos.





If  you want to know why I am making Christmas Cards so soon after Christmas.....
........just blame these gals at   jingle belles

since I still have time on my hands I think I'll go clean a bathroom.   I promise I won't take photos.

Marianne

7 comments:

Mariam Kobras said...

Love this card! Love the lace trimming!

lauren bergold said...

can i just say how THRILLED i am to take the "blame" for yet another amazingly gorgeous xmas card?! if anything, i LOVE this one even more than the first...and i am totally excited to see the step-by-step of how you did it, b/c I AM getting some of those snowflakes and i AM gonna try to do something similar! :)

lauren bergold said...

ps: you'll have sussed from the above that it's *DEFINITELY* ok (in fact it's AWESOME!) to post more than one card, but i just thought i'd mention it anyway, since you asked! :) :) :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card! Loved all the photos showing how it came together. The lace edging lovely and I'm going to try that on some future cards for this new blog challenge!

SmilynStef said...

I'm a sucker for step-by-step photo instructions ... I love seeing other people's creative process ... and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one whose been known to dismantle a few embellishments to add my own twist ... another absolutely gorgeous holiday design ... and a bit woot woot to you for having some creative time on your hands (she says with a just a tiny tinge of jealousy in her voice).

Dawn said...

I love your card!! That snowflake is super cool and I love that you added the bird and holly to the top of it! Beautifully done!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

ANOTHER CARD?! *thud* It is maybe more gorgeous-er than the first one. I, too, am a sucker for step-by-step, ESPECIALLY since I do not possess the fussy gene. I read it twice, too.