I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Jingle Belles....a challenge

I read  Leslie's blog The Crooked Stamper  and if she posts a link, I usually click on it. Leslie is one of the reasons I have a blog and she's one of the reasons I still use my rubber stamps and all this paper. She pushes me.    And it's a good push.     Well today she posted a link to a challenge blog.  So I decided to give it a shot.  Even though I was supposed to be packing up Christmas.
You see in order to put Christmas away, I must walk through my crafty studio. And as any crafter knows .... you can only walk past your supplies a few times before they start calling out your name.
So I grabbed the required "old" stuff and "new" stuff for this weeks challenge and ......
well let's just say I'll be staying up late tonight to finish packing up ornaments.
The whole idea of creating a holiday card every week is very appealing. I know there will be weeks when I won't be able to participate. But I'll give it a shot to at least play once a month.
Here's my card for this week -  Something Old, Something New

OLD
Snowflake paper   -   Anna Griffin   (2007)
Red accent paper   - who knows???
Season's Greetings Rubber Stamp   -   Inkadinkado
Ink - Pallette ... Cognac,  Jardin Moss,  L'Amore Red  
Red Ribbon   -   who knows ???
Lace   -   JoAnn's
NEW
Balsa Wood Snowflake   -   Michael's
3D bird embellishment   -   K&Company

finished size   5.5" x 7"



 Yes I know Christmas was just a few short days ago, but this will be fun.  Go to jingle belles and see what Lauren and Stef are up to.  Join the challenge and start addressing those envelopes too. Because the holidays are not gonna sneak up on us again.

Oh and while you're at it stop by Leslie's blog too....tell her Marianne @ RuffHaven sent you.

14 comments:

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Yee-hah! I LOVE IT, but then I love all your stuff. YOU have that fussy gene I lack.

Thank you for playing, and for the shout-out!

WV: mactrati
In Ireland and Scotland, the prefix "Mac" means "son of". So MacDonald is Son of Donald, MacGuire is Son of Guire, MacRib is something that you should never, ever eat, and mactrati is Son of Trati.

Lisa - papergrace said...

STUNNING!!!! How do I get on your "please send me a card for Christmas" list? That's beautiful!!!

*sigh*

That just made me kinda, sorta, maaaaaaaybe like Christmas again.,

Okay, I'm lying, but it's still GOR-JUS!! :D

wv: pandon
Don't be in such a hurry! Keep your pandon!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Isn't it wonderful to see a christmas card in January? FUN! : )

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely stunning ... I think there will be a lot of people wanting on your Christmas card list ... love the texture of the lace and wonderful dimension of that wooden snowflake ... thanks for joining our Jingle Belles fun.

Lorraine said...

I'm loving how you used that wooden snowflake. Wonderful new challenge and a wonderful card.

Rosemary said...

I came over to your blog after posting my card at Jingle Belles, I think this is going to be a fun year and I am seeing such beautiful cards at everyone's blogs. Your card is absolutely exquisite - it is classic, elegant, and positively gorgeous! Love the papers, the embellishments, and I have to 'fess up and tell you that I have one of those balsa snowflakes and I was to scraplift this idea for using it from you (okay, I also have the K&Co bird too- blush).

lauren bergold said...

HOLY MOLY, how ♥FAB♥U♥LOUS♥ is this card??!?! leslie told me she'd already coerced a friend into jingling along with us (we got LESLIE to do a prompt! already i can claim total personal SATISTFACTION with this project!!!) but she left me to be surprised by the magnificence of the card in question! ♥WOW♥!!! i love every single thing about it...EXCEPT...wouldja believe i actually *had* one of those snowflakes in my hand at mike's the other day AND I PUT IT BACK!!!!!!!! (why??!?!???) so now i'm going to have to return and retrieve it and it's all your fault...but in a good way, obviously! :) :) :)

Dawn said...

I am in love with that lace along the edge! Your card is GORGEOUS!!

~amy~ said...

WOW...I love your card..that snowflake....such a pretty card...I'm sooo looking forward to the JB challenges!

Jana said...

Stunningly beautiful card. It looks like that wood snowflake was made for this paper. Love the colors and the way you pulled it all together. I LOVE this whole card.

Jeanne said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! I just keep wanting to look at it!! TFS!

Tyggereye said...

Gorgeous card. I love how you layered it and the little bird. Too great. You also included all the supplies which I am horrible about doing, but love when other people do it. Love your card.

Anonymous said...

Your card is really beautiful. I have done snowflake cards and they did not turn out as pretty as yours.

Davetta said...

HI, I am anoymous but I am having problems figuring this out. If this message comes through I must have finally figured it out.