I love how our lives are woven together.
.

three random tidbits

I don't have much to offer today.  Time for this snowbird to fly drive to her home up north. I do have one more post I am working on...and I thought I'd like to give you a quick sneak peek.


   I have been gathering photos so I could take you on a tour of my beach house.   Here I have photos  of maps that I used to wallpaper the inside of one of our closets ....DH did not like the idea to do one wall in the living room....so we compromised by doing it a closet.....

I'll be back to show you more....
I have also been making beads ...using scraps of batik fabric   I am going to make a wall hanging based on one that I saw at the quilt show a few weeks ago.
You can see it in my SewRuffHaven Blog( ..link in sidebar)



And last but not least I am working on  another collage using up scraps from the Sweet Tweet collage


 
That's it for now....I hope you come back for the tour.
Now I need to get my butt moving because this house is NOT going to clean itself !

I am linking to StudioJRU and her Friday Sneak Peek .  Go see what my friends are doing in their studios this week

xo

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I like the wall hanging.

You might want to wait a bit if you're flying back north...we still have a lot of snow and it's FRIGID! =)

Tiffini said...

I would totally do a wall of maps etc...or words...quotes...lol! Men not so much:) I think it is BEAUTIFUL!
xo

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

you are sure busy ... while at the beach! Enjoy the sand and sun for me!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love the closet... what a fantastic idea!! Looking forward to seeing what you make with the cool beads. Beautiful collage piece!

Diana said...

I'm pretty impressed that you ventured a wall in the closet. Very fun! Love the collage piece!

JDConwell said...

Beads, maps, and a collage. Awesome. The hubs LOVES maps...in fact when he and I met, that's the only "decoration" he had in his house, an 8' x 5' map of Alaska. :~)

Looking forward to the tour.
Jan

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Oh, goody! I get to see the map closet!

Drive safely!!!

Carola Bartz said...

Beautiful projects, Marianne. I like the map wallpaper in the closet. Those paper beads are gorgeous. Oh, and the collage...

Cindy said...

Coming in from Studio JRU - I had to go check out the quilt from the show to see how those beads were used - so creative! I have seen instructions on making these bead in the daily ClothPaperScissors email, and thought it would be a great way to use up scraps, but really didn't know what I would do with them after they were made...now I am inspired! I always like birds as in your collage, and the maps collage is interesting and beautiful...I would totally do a bedroom wall or a wall in my studio!

HerminiaRegolf said...

A little love on Valentine's Day.
Greetings from the Ebro Delta, Spain.

Sandy said...

Marianne,

I love the map walls! What a great idea for a beach theme home. I hope you have a happy Tuesday!

Phyllis said...

Hello!

I just discovered you through Quill Cottage. I haven't even browsed through your blog yet but have marked it as a fave.

I too, have a soft spot for older animals. And I love to make pretty things when I can carve out some time. Especially things with birds or leaves :)

Phyllis said...

I hope you don't mind, but I've blogged about your beautiful site and what you do. I've also just become your 100th follower...and I don't follow many :)