I love how our lives are woven together.
.

a conversation with the weather


 Over at Kickin it old Skool we were asked

What's the weather like where you live today?

  
  Today is a good day to decorate the outside for the winter holidays.

  I always have dreams of draping live greens on the fences and
 around the doors and windows.
 Then the price of the garlands stops me dead in my tracks. 
In order for it to be worth it I have to buy miles of the stuff.
 Ok ... not miles....but 300-400 yards That's not going to happen.
 Not for something that will be thrown away.  
 I have heard some people drag their pine roping
 into the woods so it will break down and become a part of nature again.   
Nice thought
 ... BUT .... 
what about the wire that binds it together????  
I don't want to take the chance of an animal getting tangled up in rusty wire.
If it were made with hemp or twine I might consider doing that.
  But then I imagine it would cost more. 
Why don't I make it myself? 
  Well.  Time. 
 I would rather be doing something else. 
This is why I use faux greenery outside.
So today is a good day to decorate outside. 

And that means that first I get to wash my windows for the last time this year.
 I guess today's weather says:

"It's a good day to wash the windows Marianne"
After that you may hang your faux greenery."

 (  yes the weather  spoke  to me with a  light blue-grey whisper.  )
( sometimes it shouts in dark indigo with firey orange flashes )
anyway... 
So that's where I will be and what I will be doing.

Hope it's sunny and bright where you are.
See you tomorrow.

Marianne

 photo 3c6d8824-f873-49de-97f2-a4f5ae47f9de_zpsc91a4833.jpg
Every Day during the Month of December I will be linking with 
Kickin it Old Skool  and blogging just for fun and connections.
I have already met some pretty cool people who I have added to my must read list.
I see some new friendships are in my future
You can join in any time here.
  


5 comments:

Tink said...

Thanks for visiting! It was sunny and bright over here today, but also cold. Tomorrow the first snow is expected here, I can't wait. If your windows are washed: have fun with the greenery! :)

Janet said...

I so agree about the cost of decorating! I have tried to make a new ornament for the tree each year and managed pretty well when the kids were little but the last few years have gotten a bit more sporadic.
Have a wonderful Wednesday. (Do other things speak to you in color?)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

How wonderful that the weather talks directly to you this way! I'm loving imagine weather's voice :)

Johanne said...

Hi Marianne, I was browsing you blog and saw that we have some interests in common. I look forward to sharing the month of December with you.

Teena in Toronto said...

We don't decorate ... we don't have room to store anything.