I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Revisting my first blog post



Today is Day 6 of
the
Kickin' it Old Skool Blog-a-thon

today's assignment really made me think.
My first thought was to skip it.
call in sick
make up something like
"the dog ate my homework"


Here it is straight from their blog:
Whether you've been blogging for 5 years or 5 days, share with us your first post. What inspired you to start, what have you've learned or how you've changed since then?

When I first started blogging I wasn't sure why I was blogging.
I had no real goal.
I never intended it to be a soul searching exercise 
but it turned out to be just that.
Through the years I have found out things about myself
 that I don't think would have come to the surface
 had I not been rambling on and on here.

I learned more about me than I expected,
 and less about blogging than I wanted.
I had hopes of being able to design a beautiful blog without help.
I wanted to share tutorials and videos and PDFs.
All of those take time and a lot of work.
I admire bloggers who can do all that.
I am lucky if I finish a project and get a few pics in the proccess.
I share what I can, when I can,
 and my loyal readers
are always here to validate my efforts.

The most important thing I learned is that there
 are real people behind all those wonderful blogs.
I have recently
been able to meet a few of them in person
 and I know that they will
be friends for life.
The part about wanting to meet people and make new friends came true.
I love how the Universe works. State your intentions and step back and wait. 
Little did I know that blogging would open up a whole new world

You can read my first post here 

Thank you Shannon and Jamie for another interesting prompt.

see you tomorrow !

Marianne
 
 photo 3c6d8824-f873-49de-97f2-a4f5ae47f9de_zpsc91a4833.jpg
Every Day during the Month of December I will be linking with 
Kickin it Old Skool  and blogging just for fun and connections.
I have already met some pretty cool people who I have added to my must read list.
I see some new friendships are in my future
You can join in any time here.

6 comments:

susie said...

I remember those first attempts...trying new platforms and all the ups & downs. So glad you decided to try one more time.
hugs, susie

Jen Trulson said...

First - I love your site font. It's so inviting to me! Second, what a great first post - I loved everything about it. Third, I love how you mention you've connected with people. I love "I'm a nature loving gypsy on a creative journey..... Lets go have some fun."

GraceGal said...

That was a great first post. I had to laugh when I read that you were the girl who never skipped school etc. that was me until my senior year. I haven't thought about that time for ages.

Heather Luxion said...

Awesome first post, and glad to get to meet you online through the Kickin' It Old School Blog-a-thon! It always amazes me how writing can bring certain revelations out of us that thinking and talking just don't always hit on.

Sacred Ordinary Moments said...

Me too!! I was that same girl back in school. So many of our first blog posts say the same thing, about us being private persons and having doubts about blogging even being something we're going to end up liking. But I, for one, am so glad I took that plunge 5 years ago. It has changed me. In ways I may never have had the nerve to change if it hadn't been for the encouragement of all the like-minded souls I met online. I love it! By the way, I am totally screwing up these Kickin' it Old Skool prompts. I did NOT see all those questions! I only saw "share your first ever blog post." HA!

Unknown said...

when I first read the prompt, I thought "Cool!" and then I read my very first blogging post from 2004 and thought, "ack. I am not that person at all anymore."

it's quite a journey, isn't it.