I love how our lives are woven together.
.

Sharing Colors - a meme




This post falls under the "be careful what you wish for" catagory. I was wishing someone would bring back some fun memes. Well the girls at Kickin' it Old Skool  did just that, and today's meme is a long one.   I wasn't expecting this much homework. and I will understand if you skip to the bottom, fake a quick comment and run.
Anyway ..... here goes.


[ RED ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of red?        roses
  2. Closest red thing to you?        a red pen
  3. What is the last thing that made you angry?       the string of lights that worked on Saturday but did not work today
  4. Are you a fan of romance?       yes. 
  5. Do you have a temper?         yes.   but only when I need it. Remember....we must use our powers for good.
[ GREEN ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of green?       money
  2. Closest green thing to you?        the ten dollar bill in my pocket
  3. What's your favourite green environment?        the forest I live in.
  4. Are you jealous of anyone right now?        no
  5. Are you a lucky person?        not really .... but I am not unlucky either.   I am grateful for everything that has gone right in my life.
[ PURPLE ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of purple?      old women.
  2. Closest purple thing to you?         there is a purple glass bottle on my window sill.
  3. Do you like being treated like royalty?         I wish someone would treat me like royalty so I could answer this question. But for now all I can say is I don't know.
  4. Do you like mysterious things?        no. I like to know what is going to happen next
  5. Are you intuitive?           Um,   yes, most of the time.
[ BLUE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of blue?        my daughter's favorite color.
  2. Closest blue thing to you?      a blue pen
  3. Are you good at calming people down?       I think so. Never really thought about it.
  4. What's your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)?      the Gulf of Mexico
  5. What was the last thing that made you cry?       I cried when we had to let our DutchBoy cross over rainbow bridge. Putting a dog to sleep is the hardest thing I have ever done.
  6. Are you a logical thinker?        no
[ YELLOW ]

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of yellow?    daffodils
  2. Closest yellow thing to you?     the book "How to Cook Everything" by Mark Bittman
  3. What was one of the happiest times of your life?       now
  4. What's your favourite holiday?      the one where everyone arrives happy, leaves happy and no one gets hurt.
  5. What makes you happy?        too long to list....  
[ PINK ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of pink?       baby girls
  2. Closest pink thing to you?        I have a big pink eraser on my window sill
  3. What sweet things do you like?        chocolate
  4. Are you sensitive?        yes
  5. What is your favourite flower?        Roses
  6. Does you have a crush on someone?         no
[ ORANGE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of orange?   oranges
  2. Closest orange thing to you?       a screen cleaning cloth on my window sill and an orange wired cord wrapped around the neck of the bottle on my window sill.
  3. Do you dress up for Halloween?       no
  4. What gives you the warm fuzzies?      my dogs
  5. What would your superpower be?        I am very good with animals... especially dogs.  I could go on and on about this but this meme is long ....
[ BROWN ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of brown?       wood
  2. Closest brown thing to you?      the counter here in my nook.
  3. What is your favourite type of chocolate?        currently . . . Hot Chocolate in a warm mug.
  4. What makes you feel grounded?  gardening. walking through the woods. nature.
  5. Paint the wood or always leave it au naturel?     both. . . it depends on the wood.
[ WHITE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of white?    freshly washed sheets
  2. Closest white thing to you?       paper
  3. Do you always try to keep the peace?      yes
  4. Do you like to play in the snow?      yes
  5. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist?      no
[ BLACK ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of black?   
  2. Closest black thing to you?     my phone
  3. Are you sophisticated or silly?     neither
  4. Do you have a lot of secrets?     yes.  I have alot of my own and I hold many that my friends have told me. I will take all the secrets to my grave. I am very good at keeping secrets
  5. What's the new black?     charcoal brown


Well if you read to the end.   You have been added to the list of what make me happy.  This was not as hard as I first thought it would be.  I am almost afraid to see what Shannon and Jamie have up their sleeves for us tomorrow.     I need to clean off my window sill and decorate it for the holidays.

Marianne

5 comments:

Sarah Broadfoot said...

Ooooo, non-functioning Christmas lights are so frustrating. I feel your pain. I love How to Cook Everything - my copy is still predominantly yellow, but there are a few stains here and there. :)

Anonymous said...

Old women? you think of old women when you hear the word purple? LMAO that made me snort hahaha
So your super Power is Dog Whisperer, that's a cool one. You already poses it ;-)
I'm glad to know you are Kickin It Old School, too-- its pretty fun!
My answer about the new black being a fox? well last year there was Owls on everything (towels, pillows, wallpaper, napkins, people where making art with owls all over the place) this year I have noticed foxes a lot so I see the fox as the new black in the "decor de soir" department. **wink**
~Dawn

Sherry Smyth said...

That is a MIGHTY big eraser!! :) And the difference in our country -- green is money for you and a $10 bill was close to you. Here in Canada the $10 bill is purple! :)

Dionne the Tea Priestess said...

I love the eraser! And ugh those non-functioning Christmas lights! What a pain! Glad to meet you here!

Sacred Ordinary Moments said...

Well I really enjoyed reading through your whole list! Great responses! We had a few of the same answers, too. Your response to purple making you think of old ladies made me laugh out loud. I can totally see that now! So nice to meet you.