I love how our lives are woven together.
.

10 things about me (again)


Today is Day #5 at  Kickin' it Old Skool
and the girls  are asking us 
to list 10 things about ourselves.

1
 I love About Me lists.
Even though I am an introvert and a recluse
 I am chatty and I do like sharing.
So here we go.

2
I am married to a lifeguard.
I love dogs.
We are trying to not rescue dogs anymore 
because we are getting older.
Today we have four dogs.
 
I am mom to two adult children.
I am a grandmother to one sweet grand daughter.
 
3
I love meeting new people.
I believe the best days of my life haven't been lived yet.
And I have had one awesome life so far.
It makes me excited to think the best is yet to be.

4
I am a spiritual mixed bag.
an earth and nature loving,
 eclectic solitary
person who respects all religious beliefs.
I practice kindness, love, truth and forgiveness.
I respect all living creatures
I do not label my beleifs 
but
I have been called a Pagan, a Christian and a Buddhist all in the last week.
I do believe Love is all we need
 
5
I am an Artist
I am a Quilter
I am a Gardener
I am a Good Cook

6
I love to travel.
I have visited 49 states  
and a few of the Caribbean Islands 
Alaska is on my list.
After that I will travel outside the US
Africa, Australia and Europe ...in that order.

7
I am fortunate to have a home in a forest
and a home on a beach
I love both equally and spend most of my time barefoot.
8
 I am extremely terrified of lightning.
But I am fascinated by storms, hurricanes, tornadoes

9
I am an organized hoarder.
I collect craft and art supplies, kitchen gadgets,
coffee mugs, stars, suns, fairies, santas, plates, 
and
owls
 I  been collecting owls since I was a kid in the 60s
....it's funny how popular they are again

10
I recently lost 75 pounds
I stopped eating sugar.
when I eat sugar the pounds add up.
It's not the same for everyone. 
I had a great time learning about me and my body
while figuring out what I could and couldn't eat.


I am looking forward to reading all of the ten things the other participants sharing.

if you would like to know more about me:
and even more here on
 and

see you tomorrow !

Marianne


 photo 3c6d8824-f873-49de-97f2-a4f5ae47f9de_zpsc91a4833.jpg
Every Day during the Month of December I will be linking with 
Kickin it Old Skool  and blogging just for fun and connections.
I have already met some pretty cool people who I have added to my must read list.
I see some new friendships are in my future
You can join in any time here.

16 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

AWESOME! THANKS so much for sharing Marianne.
Am really enjoying learning more about everyone in this blog-a-thon!

Moonbeam said...

So nice to meet you! I am also a list-maker - oh, how I love lists!

Johanne said...

Have you been to Canada yet? Your living environment sounds lovely.

Lynn said...

I envy you your travel history. I always thought that when I retired I would be able to do some traveling, but now I am extremely limited by my mother's condition. So it is put on hold again. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Janet said...

You will love Alaska. i have been and it is beautiful. Love list making too! Thanks for sharing. Have a truly marvelous day!

Laura said...

Great list!
blessings
~*~

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I get called a lot of things to (thankfully all of them nice, lol) Buddhist is chief among them probably because of the practice of compassion and love)
I go barefoot all the time too and am fortunate enough to be able to work barefoot as well.
I wish I was more organized. Maybe you have tips? hahaha
~Dawn

Jill said...

Great list, I really like #6. It's my goal to visit all 50 states, hopefully in an RV.

GraceGal said...

You managed to pack in a lot of great details in ten spaces. Very creative! I would love to sit and chat about your travels! Congrats on the weight loss and Kickin the sugar habit.

Beverley Baird said...

You shared way more than 10! It was great getting to know you. I have only been to a few states but to all provinces and territories in Canada except for 1 - Newfoundland.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your weight loss! Love your nature background :-)
Nice to meet you!

Tink said...

If you ever get to travel to Europe, come and meet me. :) Wow, congrats on the 75 pounds! I envy your homes in a forest and on a beach, sounds great to me.
Thanks fro sharing!

S.M. Hutchins said...

Based on this list, you are an amazing person! Thank you for sharing these things about yourself. I particularly like how you explained your perspective on religion. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you! What a fascinating list! I love the forests of Maryland! I'm also extremely fond of Assateague. If you ever make it out to SoCal, be sure to stop by for a cuppa!

Wendy G. said...

My mind is boggled after reading that you have lost 75 pounds! Holy moly! Congratulations! That takes so much perseverance. Your whole list was very enlightening. You are a good person!

Sacred Ordinary Moments said...

I love your attitude about the best of life still to come! Reading about you here, on your about me...you sound like just my kind of soul. It's a pleasure getting to know you!